I'm fat, help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow,

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

I don't really drink Soda or eat sweet things to start with, I've been slowly gaining weight over a long period of time so I guess this is just the natural outcome.

Today I stuck to 1800 calories give or take, is this too low? My only exercise was casual walking, still waiting for the gym induction.

Comment

Depends on your current weight. See the BMR formula below:
      BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

Once you do this calculation that is how many calories your body needs just function. As I said in a previous post figure out this number multiply by .1 take that number and add it to your BMR number. That should be a good start if you are walking and other none high energy activity. If you intend to do something with more intensity you need to add some calories for that. Otherwise you will find yourself sluggish and you won't get the most from your workout.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        the benefits of green tea cannot be over sold. it is fabulous stuff for weight loss and system cleansing.
        You are right mate green tea is very beneficial.It is not only helpful for weight loss but also for getting quick abs and protecting yourself from many harmful diseases such as heart attack or cancer.

Comment

Step one, clean up your diet completely.

Cut all high fructose corn syrup out of your diet. Human beings were never intended to process this garbage and it will be stored as fat. Likewise, cut all refined sugars out of your diet. Cut all deep fried foods out of your diet. Stir fry using virgin olive oil or, better, coconut oil.

Get your carbs from fruits and vegetables. No more bread or pasta. If you eat rice, limit it to a fist sized portion a day. You need to teach your body to burn your body fat for energy instead of starchy carbs.

A common mistake when people are trying to lose weight is cutting fat out of their diet. It's important to eat good fats to stay healthy and keep a healthy metabolism. You need fat in your diet to absorb vitamins from food and supplements. Good sources of fat include nuts, nut butters (peanut butter, almond butter), cottage cheese, eggs and unsweetened yogurt.

I would seriously reconsider anyone telling you to eat only once or twice a day. If your body thinks it's not near a food source, it'll hang on to that fat longer. Instead, snack frequently on dried fruits and nuts to keep your metabolism burning strong. Drink at least 2 liters of water throughout the day and when you do sit down to eat meals, make sure they're high in protein and absent of all of the garbage I just talked about.

If you're a fat person, your stomach walls are probably stretched to accommodate all the oversized portions and horrible **** you've been eating. Limit the size of every meal to one bowl (or approximately two fists) to get your stomach size back on track. Stop eating before you're full. This will be a little uncomfortable as you'll feel hungry at first, but stick with it and you'll quickly adapt.

Sample meal - Chop up a chicken breast, half a head of broccoli and some bell peppers. Stir fry them, flavour with some natural oyster sauce and enjoy.

Comment

These foods should be small than the ones you are use to now. This is key to getting your metabolic rate going in the right route. Next, you need to eat with a objective. Don't just eat because you are hungry; provide the petrol it needs to create the upgrades you want. What this means is consuming necessary protein, complicated carbohydrates, and excellent human extra fat.

Comment

HARSH REALITY TIME - YOU WILL PROBABLY QUIT!!!

Right now you're on the high of deciding to change your lifestyle, but you've been overweight your whole life... So you have to change your habbits... Not just change them, but replace your old habbits with new ones... After 5 weeks of this, you'll get tired of it, you'll get bored, you'll skip a workout, you'll binge of some ice cream and twinkies and snickers. Then you'll work out a few more times, and find yourself skipping more workouts than you're making. Eating a bit more easy food than clean food...

It happens... Unless you're absolutely 100% committed to change, you wont... and don't tell me you are 100% committed right now, because you don't even know yet. You're still excited about it... When you're at the point that you're no longer excited by doing it, but instead its just part of how you life your life... Then you're committed..

This is just a warning, when you hit that point, you'll need a workout buddy, or some outside support, cause its easier to put things off for a day that never comes, than to get off your ass and do them now... Thats how you've been living your life, your body "knows that" and will fight for that... you have to overcome that..

http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh%27s_Worksheet_(WIP)

This link has all the info you'll need... its straight to the point, no bull****, alot of myths debunked and full proven techniques (old school). Its not for the easily offended (its from 4chan) but its the best read I've found.

Comment

i think a lot of us forget during these weight loss adventures that we need to get from in front of the computers for a while. just because you were at the gym that day doesn't mean that you should bake in front of your pc for the next nine hours.

i know this is rich coming from a guy with as many posts as me but...??

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Dan View Post
                  So after being overweight for my entire 30 years of life I have decided to do something about, but I'm not sure what the best route is for healthy and maintained weight loss. Right now I'm close to a fattest Ricky Hatton.

1 - I have joined a gym. I'm a student so I can go quite a lot but I'm not sure what I should be doing, and for how long I should be doing it. If I want to lose weight should it just be Cardio ? Or should I still do some weights work while avoiding bulking? And what is a decent amount of time to be spending in the gym each time?

2 - Food. I'm pretty sure I have almost no metabolism. I can eat breakfast and not feel hungry until late at night. I am planning on cutting out all meat and obviously fatty stuff, mainly just relying on vegetables, fish and pulses. Is there some food / eating patterns I should follow?

I guess I should stop alcohol as much as possible, and when I do drink stick to spirits with sugar free mixers.

Is there a reasonable amount I should aim to lose on a weekly basis?

Thanks for any help people have time for.
                  Coffein /Ephedrine / Aspiring prior to a heavy training has always been the choice of amateur athletes, while the pros do some real crazy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by adamooo View Post
                    Coffein /Ephedrine / Aspiring prior to a heavy training has always been the choice of amateur athletes, while the pros do some real crazy stuff
                    why would you point somebody new in that direction?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Eat an apple or two and some chicken for breakfast.

Eat only one other meal later that day made up of only meat/fish and vegetables.

Drink only water.

You will lose weight (and that's without training).
                      Dont do this. You will only get hungry and binge. Eat 5 or 6 meals a day but small meals. Fish, veg, chicken etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X