No announcement yet.

If they cant wait for Floyd, Pac should fight winner of Berto vs Ortiz 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
    I think all three would pose a problem for Pac. I also think you're underestimating Berto.
    Berto sucks. How do we all not realize that by now? His best win is Collazo, a fight I thought he lost. Ortiz beat his ass, and he only has a belt again because he headbutt a paper champion that was giving him all he could handle. If he beats Ortiz in this rematch, that will say a lot more about Ortiz than it does Berto.

Comment

As far as the Cotto rematch, I don't care whether Cotto would do better, personally. The point is that Pacquiao beat the living hell out of him in the first fight, and nothing Cotto has done since suggests he is that much better than the guy Pacquiao already stopped.

A few months ago no one wanted this rematch. Now people are on board?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        As far as the Cotto rematch, I don't care whether Cotto would do better, personally. The point is that Pacquiao beat the living hell out of him in the first fight, and nothing Cotto has done since suggests he is that much better than the guy Pacquiao already stopped.

.well he did massacre Margarito's remains and Mayorga. Clearly he's ready to take to on Paquiao......

Comment

pac should fight bradley. that's only the fight im looking forward to watching in ppv

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

I wholly agree with this statement. If Cotto beat someone with a pulse, say like Canelo, Kirkland and Lara; then he'd automatically get my approval to rematch Pacquaio. But if you can't beat a one year laid off Margarito, with a bust up eye better than Pac and Mosley than I really see no point in him rematching Manny. It'll just be another beat down.

Comment

Listen when Cotto faced Manny, he was for one thing fighting at a weight which was detrimental to his performance and was coming through the roughest patch of his career with some serious demons still there for him, he lost his unbeaten record to Margarito by way of beatdown, won a quick gimmie against Jennings then had to go through hell vs Clottey to sneak a close decision. His confidence wasnt there and he had no trainer. He wanted to be the bigger more powerful man vs Pacquaio too, a mistake.

Now he is back to full confidence after erasing the ghosts of the Margarito fight, has a very good trainer in his corner and perhaps most importantly seems to understand the way forward for him at this point is to use his skills and Box..... Lets not forget he was troubling Pacquaio early until he tried to trade power with the Filipino Thrashing Machine

I like his odds

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                I wholly agree with this statement. If Cotto beat someone with a pulse, say like Canelo, Kirkland and Lara; then he'd automatically get my approval to rematch Pacquaio. But if you can't beat a one year laid off Margarito, with a bust up eye better than Pac and Mosley than I really see no point in him rematching Manny. It'll just be another beat down.
                Canelo has pulse...??

That guy is on chavez jr's level...nothin but trash...

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Listen when Cotto faced Manny, he was for one thing fighting at a weight which was detrimental to his performance and was coming through the roughest patch of his career with some serious demons still there for him, he lost his unbeaten record to Margarito by way of beatdown, won a quick gimmie against Jennings then had to go through hell vs Clottey to sneak a close decision. His confidence wasnt there and he had no trainer. He wanted to be the bigger more powerful man vs Pacquaio too, a mistake.

Now he is back to full confidence after erasing the ghosts of the Margarito fight, has a very good trainer in his corner and perhaps most importantly seems to understand the way forward for him at this point is to use his skills and Box..... Lets not forget he was troubling Pacquaio early until he tried to trade power with the Filipino Thrashing Machine

I like his odds
                  Even a scab like Cotto has nutt-huggers..

LOL

Comment

id rather see pac vs berto/ortiz

the cotto fight with pac got me upset why yuu gonna stop the fight with 55 seconds left? he was gettin beat all night whats another minute?

marquez/pacman 4 would be ok at the very least jus hope they have a good undercard

call me nuts but i think berto/ortiz would be a live underdog for pacman

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                      id rather see pac vs berto/ortiz

the cotto fight with pac got me upset why yuu gonna stop the fight with 55 seconds left? he was gettin beat all night whats another minute?

marquez/pacman 4 would be ok at the very least jus hope they have a good undercard

call me nuts but i think berto/ortiz would be a live underdog for pacman
                      Ortiz yes, because of his size and power, but Pac would get no credit no matter how dominant he might win. Mayweather just knocked the guy out.

Berto would get massacred. I don't care how far gone Pac is, he will always beat the crap out of fighters like Berto.

Comment

Working...
                      X