Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come there has never been a significant ASIAN champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come there has never been a significant ASIAN champion?

excluding pac...why arent there any significant boxing champions from china and japan . this is not a racist thread, so leave the racism at home

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
    excluding pac...why arent there any significant boxing champions from china and japan . this is not a racist thread, so leave the racism at home
    There have been many throughout history especially in the lower weight classes.

They just tend to fight in Asia a lot so aren't hyped and known in America.

Many asian countries have produced champs, Korea, Thailand and Japan.
    I don't believe Chinese were allowed to compete professionally.

Khaosai Galaxy is one of my favorite fighters in the lower divisions.
    That guy could seriously crack.
    But you got guys like Pancho Villa all the way up to In-Jin Chi and the current asian champs who are all pretty damn good.

Comment

take a look at the divisions below 135

Comment

Asians are more into martial arts than boxing..

Comment

Bruce Lee was Asian.

I think.

Comment

Asian?

what the hell are those

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. Asians need more greats like Fighting Harada or anyone.

Comment

i know there are those bums in the lower weights. jesus christ, wat kind of grown man weighs 105lbs...im talking about the higher weights, welter,middle,HW

Comment

Originally posted by krazyx19 View Post
                  Yeah I know what you mean. Asians need more greats like Fighting Harada or anyone.

They have some greats though.

Imagine China with 1.5 billion plus people entered their guys more frequently into pro boxing.

I mean there are probably 5 killers in that country that just need to be trained.

But really, countries like Japan are big on boxing, moreso than the U.S. even though it's still a minor sport there.

I think that there hasn't really been an asian explosion of any sporting realm except for in baseball outside of Asia and a few fighters, but their guys can be as good as anyone.

Comment

Chinese are not allowed to box professionally.....
                    Japanese and Koreans are not into boxing bigtime unlike karate, judo or taekwondo....

which made me wonder now.....how come there arent any Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi boxer champions? hmm.....

Comment

Working...
                    X