Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which guitar do you like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an old fender acoustic I inherited that I play. It's my first love!

Comment

I tried classic and acoustic! And I'm curious about electric guitar.

Comment

The Strat.

Comment

I'm a professional guitarist, I tour with En Esch from the band KMFDM (google or Wiki either of them) and I have always preferred a solid, somewhat heavy electric guitar, a one piece (neck and body are one piece, like you don't have the neck a seperate piece of wood from the body). I use a Schecter C-1 Elite with my own custom modifications. I use EMG 81 and 85 pickups. My first guitar was a Fender Stratocaster, which I LOVED because I'm a huge David Gilmour fan (guitarist from Pink Floyd).

I had a Martin D-17 acoustic, but the thing was so hard on my hand, my hand would cramp up and kill me, hurt for hours. Idk if it's the shape of the neck or what, but I've never had that kind of issue with any other acoustic. Now I have some crappy Ibanez acoustic, and I've had a few Ovations but traded them to fellow musicians for pedals and amps.

You can hear some of my music here, I use the Schecter and Ibanez on all the guitar parts. I also play the bass ( I wrote everything and play all the instruments, produced everything...sick of relying on other people so just did it all myself) and I used a Warwick, which is an awesome bass, I loved it. Unfortunately I had to borrow it...I want to buy a bass though, it's a lot of fun. Anyway here is a link to a couple of my songs...if you like any of it and want to download my full album for free you can just go to relicradiation.com

http://www.reverbnation.com/relicradiation

Comment

Originally posted by brian___ View Post
            I have an old fender acoustic I inherited that I play. It's my first love!
            I've never played a better acoustic than an old Fender acoustic that belonged to my dad, which must've been made in the 60's or early 70's.

Also the Seagul acoustic guitars are so easy to play, so light, and sound beautiful. I would recommend a Seagul acoustic for any beginner or for your first acoustic. Acoustics can be really rough on your hands and fingers, but Seaguls are less harsh than any other acoustics I've played. Anyone ever play one of these?

Comment

thanks for the sharing embryo...

Comment

Only acoustic! I hate electric guitar....

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Actually I am a fan of Les Pauls.
                  Originally posted by miamike View Post
                  I have a telecaster I bought from a friend. Not really happy with the sound I am getting. Kind of twangy. I am saving for a Stratocaster but I am also thinking of replacing the pickups on the Tele.
                  Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                  I have these, each provides a different style. Electric, Classical, 12 String Acoustic.

]
                  I love les pauls, I had one when I was married. I've played guitar for 20 years, owned many cheap guitars, and tried some expensive ones in music stores, the les paul is the best one to play in my opinion.

telecaster can sound very different depending on what kind of wood the body is made out of and what kind of pickups it has. if I had one I'd put Seymour Duncan hot rails in it to thicken up the sound.

right now I have a black epiphone SG just like the one in the picture, except it says epiphone instead of Gibson. I love this guitar, it feels almost like my old les paul, and the pickups are almost as good. epi had to save money somewhere, so the neck pickup isn't as good as a Gibson's, and the bridge pickup is almost as good. in terms of value for the money however I love the epi SG, I can play ACDC on it. I also have an old ovation I've had for almost 18 years, it was my first medium priced guitar after only playing cheap ones. the ovation cost more in 1984 when it was new than the SG did, but the SG is easier to play.
                  I once passed up a Tokai strat that was even in my dream color because it had a big crack in the neck joint. I'm still kicking myself 5 years later over that because that guitar felt so good I'd play it for half an hour and couldn't put it down. I love playing guitar, in the late 90's I was in a crappy industrial band for a year or two

Comment

Which guitar do you like?

Hi, I am familiar with Acoustic guitar although I wish to try an electric guitar for a change
                    Last edited by boxoffice; 02-19-2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

I have an Ibanez model of a Les Paul. Not very good at it though.

Comment

Working...
                      X