Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: If I Can't Walk, I'll Be on a Boat Fishing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: If I Can't Walk, I'll Be on a Boat Fishing

Despite his tragic accident on Sunday, former champion Paul Williams is in very good spirits. The boxer, who was originally scheduled to face WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on September 15, was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident on Sunday near Atlanta. Williams is currently paralyzed from the waist down and the doctors believe the boxer will likely never be able to walk again.

[Click Here To Read More]

I know many times denial can last a while until you're really out of that hospital and living day to day, not being able to do the things you used to (ride bike, see your car sitting there, get up and run to the store on your own, watch a tape of himself boxing, even catching the Canelo fight later this year, etc.)

However, I pray that he remains in great spirits. Even if he goes through that point of the "reality" of what's happening, I pray he keeps a good spirit about him.

Comment

damn even though i dislike williams this is just sad i hope he proves the doctors wrong and not only walks again but fights again

Comment

reading how the punisher is dealing with this terrible situation brought tears to my eyes.i don't have the words to express how proud i am to a person that i don't know. what i do know is that he is attacking this fight head on just like he does in the ring. get well paul and may GOD bless you.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
          I know many times denial can last a while until you're really out of that hospital and living day to day, not being able to do the things you used to (ride bike, see your car sitting there, get up and run to the store on your own, watch a tape of himself boxing, even catching the Canelo fight later this year, etc.)

However, I pray that he remains in great spirits. Even if he goes through that point of the "reality" of what's happening, I pray he keeps a good spirit about him.
          I wish him and his family all the best in these challenging times. Reality will set in.

Comment

am taking this as a lesson for myself. i need to appreciate everything that i have down to the small things. as for williams what a warrior i pray he will walk again. May GOD give u the strength to deal with this.

Comment

Hope for the best champ

Comment

Originally posted by Luffy View Post
                damn even though i dislike williams this is just sad i hope he proves the doctors wrong and not only walks again but fights again
                how and why do you dislike him??? Give me one good reason you would dislike him, he is everything what a fighter should be. Never heard any excuses out of him and he came to fight every night and gave you everything he had and you "dislike" him.... go swallow some more drain-o scumbag...theres absolutely zero chance he ever fights again but thats ok, this man is a warrior and he WILL walk again!!!

Comment

100% fighter 1000% warrior

I was never a big fan of Williams but i always watched him because there was something about his style. This guy beat the most feared (Margarito) fighter in the game and beat him in a street fight. Williams would have fought at heavyweight if he could get a fight. I wish him all the best. Enjoy, champion.

Comment

Originally posted by zamuxolomaneli View Post
                    I wish him and his family all the best in these challenging times. Reality will set in.
                    wow your first post was absolutely heart warming... smh

Comment

Working...
                    X