Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Trinidad vs Norris and Trinidad vs Chavez never happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Trinidad vs Norris and Trinidad vs Chavez never happened?

Chavez was past his prime but still would've been a good fight, about Norris I dont have a clue

What are u talking about, Chavez was a junior ww! He did fight at ww too, but that was way past his prime. Trinidad had too much respect for him I guess.

Comment

I see a question mark but you seem to be answering your own question.Why didn't you just ask why these fight's never happened?

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
        Chavez was past his prime but still would've been a good fight, about Norris I dont have a clue
        there was talk of trinidad vs chavez in 1994, i think they were even in talks, but then chavez left and went with bob arum, also norris/trinidad was 90 percent on then tito and don fell out, trinidad was very close to signing with main events and bob arum in the 90's! but then king made him a offer he couldnt refuse and they made up! by that time i think terry had lost the belt

Comment

Terry Norris challenged Chavez, but that fight was never going to happen. By the time trinidad moved to 154, Norris was a shot fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
            there was talk of trinidad vs chavez in 1994, i think they were even in talks, but then chavez left and went with bob arum, also norris/trinidad was 90 percent on then tito and don fell out, trinidad was very close to signing with main events and bob arum in the 90's! but then king made him a offer he couldnt refuse and they made up! by that time i think terry had lost the belt
            I heard Trinidad sued King, was it back then?

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
              Terry Norris challenged Chavez, but that fight was never going to happen. By the time trinidad moved to 154, Norris was a shot fighter
              I'm glad it never happened if Norris was shot by then. I've seen some vids of nasty KOs by Norris, should've been a good one both in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Princemanspopa View Post
                I see a question mark but you seem to be answering your own question.Why didn't you just ask why these fight's never happened?
                How am I answering my own question, Chavez did fight Oscar by the time he was shot didn't he?

Comment

By the time Trinidad was at 154, Norris retired. And I don't think the Chavez fight would've been competitive since Chavez was a natural light welterweight. Might've still been a good action fight, though.

Comment

I heard Trinidad sued King, was it back then?
                    yeah back in the 90's tito did, then again a few years back

Comment

Working...
                    X