Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight in Floyd's career made you go.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dante_1 View Post
    im with you. i just dont see the greatest boxer ive ever seen when i watch any of floyds fights. im trying to see what fight people saw and against which opponent to make them think that. i dont see it.
    I pointed to the Canelo fight, but you said it didn't count because Cotto made Floyd's nose bleed and Canelo couldn't {paraphrasing}; then you mentioned styles make fights.

Comment

He very well could be the greatest fighter ever. But I have always suspected Manny Pacquiao would either have him, or would have had him at one point.

So even though he could have been for much longer, only his recent fight against the much stronger and supremely athletic, Alvarez seemed to prove undeniably that Mayweather, atleast by that stage, would have outboxed Pac Man. Especially in light of Pac's decline (KO by Marquez, struggle with Bradley, failure to KO opponents etc).

However, that position now seems to have reversed. Pac looks completely dominant now by whipping Rios really badly and avenging convincingly against Bradley, whilst meanwhile Floyd saw one of his most gravest struggles against B level boxer Maidana. Basically "Pacquiao LITE"

So given that Pac is galvanised toward a Floyd fight and Floyd has shamefully ducked the fight forever now. It's only fair...

1. Pac
      2. Floyd

TBE

Only by manning up, and taking this fight and beating the natural enemy will I ever yield and confirm that Floyd was really TBE!

I would even be prepared to overlook the fact that it might have been different against a prime Pac in light of the fact that they both fought the highest quality opponents and Floyd went unbeaten whilst Pac did suffer losses.

But, alas, I'm sorry to say, Floyd would NEVER risk his ass in this fight, he is
      the epitome of a coward with talent. "Riddick Bowe syndrome" if I ever saw it.

He does not have the heart of a warrior. Fact! I suspect he would retire promptly at his first defeat. That's the sort of fighter he is unfortunately!

Comment

well?......

Comment

Originally posted by Resilient View Post
          TS you're a handsome dude, no ****.
          TS is handsome, ****.

Comment

I was in awe at how he handled the great Diego Corrales so easily and how he kept his composure against Hatton and finished him. Hatton was like a wild energizer bunny.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              A thriller? not sure what fight you were watching, and no one wanted to see a rematch.

lol yeah, the pre-roided lightweight forced up two divisions. Get outta here.

OP, none of Mayweather's fights made me feel that way because it doesn't reflect reality.

Pacquiao v De La Hoya, Cotto and Hatton showed me we were watching something special. Genuine jaw-dropping viewing.

Same for Golovkin v Macklin and Geale, although the jury very much remains out on him.
              ban worthy

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                ban worthy

I agree with him completely.

You have just exposed yourself as a moron.

Golovkin and Pacquiao have proven themselves very well.

Sure Floyd beat great opponents and deserves his considerations. But he has also proven his extreme cowardice in both engineering fights on a preferred timing basis and total refusal to fight the number 2 of his generation. See post above.

"ban worthy" ha, more like a reality check mate!

Comment

Originally posted by pigeons View Post
                  marquez-pacquaio iv
                  this ^^^^^^ hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                    I agree with him completely.

You have just exposed yourself as a moron.

Golovkin and Pacquiao have proven themselves very well.

Sure Floyd beat great opponents and deserves his considerations. But he has also proven his extreme cowardice in both engineering fights on a preferred timing basis and total refusal to fight the number 2 of his generation. See post above.

"ban worthy" ha, more like a reality check mate!
                    if you think macklin vs golovkin screams "thats the greatest fighter I've ever seen" you need to be hit with a bag full of tuna fish cans..............

because thats exactly what you are: A none boxing knowledge CAN.

Comment

truly ban worthy stuff..................

Comment

Working...
                      X