Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we supposed to refer to "black people" as?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
    Call them by their respective names. If you don't know the name then ask them what it is, refer to them as Mr/Mrs/Miss etc when asking...
    The last person I called "mr" or "sir" might have been my 5th grade principal who yelled at me for throwing a rock at a kid in recess. Nty.

That's a bit much, game

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Comment

KRS1 explains it best.

Check it, white man is European
        And blackman is African
        White man never say Euro-American
        So why should the blackman say Afro-American?
        If the blackman is American with a afro
        Then the white man is American with a long nose
        It should be Long-Nose-American for the white man
        Jump around and move your bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
          KRS1 explains it best.
          Never take any advice from rappers.

Italian-American.

Racist doe.

Comment

Also never take any advice from a man that starts a sentence with "Check it", unless of course, that man is Ali G.

Comment

Unless corrected, I'm sticking with "Black". Its simplest and most descriptive. Nobody ever uses the term, "European-American"......and I never have had any relatives from the Caucas Mountains, yet the word "Caucasian" gets thrown around because, that's supposedly the origin of "Whites".

Caught a Cherokee woman referring to Whites as "Caucasoids" once and brought it up in an interview for a show I was doing promoting an upcoming Pow-Wow. She was embarrassed as hell. So, I deduced it was not a complementary term. I kind of suspected that; but wasn't sure until I saw her squirm in her chair. I alleviated the tension and we ended up having a good conversation after that; but you could tell it embarrassed her.

Whits, Black, Indian, and Asian seems to be the breakdown, though I have to specify on "Indian sometimes to clarify whether I'm referring to natives of the subcontinent or simply native americansns.

I think she said "Native-Indian" was preferable; but sometimes just "American Indian". By the time the rest of the group showed up for the interview, I found out that among them, "Native American" was laughable.

Strange, how labels are a part of our lives.
              Last edited by K-DOGG; 02-28-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

How about calling black people by their name?

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                  Unless corrected, I'm sticking with "Black". Its simplest and most descriptive. Nobody ever uses the term, "European-American"......and I never have had any relatives from the Caucas Mountains, yet the word "Caucasian" gets thrown around because, that's supposedly the origin of "Whites".

Caught a Cherokee woman referring to Whites as "Caucasoids" once and brought it up in an interview for a show I was doing promoting an upcoming Pow-Wow. She was embarrassed as hell. So, I deduced it was not a complementary term. I kind of suspected that; but wasn't sure until I saw her squirm in her chair. I alleviated the tension and we ended up having a good conversation after that; but you could tell it embarrassed her.

Whits, Black, Indian, and Asian seems to be the breakdown, though I have to specify on "Indian sometimes to clarify whether I'm referring to natives of the subcontinent or simply native americansns.

I think she said "Native-Indian" was preferable; but sometimes just "American Indian". By the time the rest of the group showed up for the interview, I found out that among them, "Native American" was laughable.

Strange, how labels are a part of our lives.
                  It stems from anthropologists classifying the "actual three human races," caucasoids, negroids, and mongoloids.

Comment

Cuz
                    Blood
                    Black

try it out
                    What up cuz
                    What up blood
                    What up black

Comment

yall must be celebrating Black History month.....wats with these stupid threads lately

Comment

Working...
                      X