Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael With A Good Blog On Whats Next & Who Controls Who Between Haymon & GBP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Haymon and contracts are nothing new. It's been reported a long time ago that Haymon steers his fighters far away from lengthy contracts with ANY Promoter. Great for fighters, but might not be so good for a Promoter.

I don't see it as snake ****. I see it more as two guys (Haymon and Schaefer) who had a great working relationship. Even though a guy like Trout wasn't signed to Golden Boy exclusively, Trout was still being promoted by Golden Boy like an exclusive Golden Boy fighter. So as long as Schaefer and Haymon were on the same page, they would keep doing business together, keep making profits, and all exclusively with Golden Boy despite the lack of contracts for some fighters.

I don't think the plan ever was to take an entire boat of fighters and make their own entity. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.
    Of course you would come in here to justify their actions. Why are you talking about lengthy contracts? By the looks of it, these guys were NEVER under contract. Or let me guess, they were but coincidentally enough they're out of contract now (when the split happened)?

And as far as the bold goes, you're either playing stupid or just straight up naive as ****. It all must be a coincidence then right?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Of course you would come in here to justify their actions. Why are you talking about lengthy contracts? By the looks of it, these guys were NEVER under contract. Or let me guess, they were but coincidentally enough they're out of contract now (when the split happened)?

And as far as the bold goes, you're either playing stupid or just straight up naive as ****. It all must be a coincidence then right?
      I could say the same about you.

I spoke about lengthy contracts because it's contrary to what Haymon does with his fighters. He has always had his fighters stay far away from long-term contracts with any Promoter. If it's possible that he can have them have NO contract, he will take that avenue. This has been known for years.

So facts like that doesn't help some of the conspiracy theorists here. Having no contract benefits a fighter, but might not benefit the Promoter. Promoters as companies don't want to run a ship full of Freelancers. They don't benefit as much as if the Freelancers were Staff.

But in this case, Haymon's fighters were more like Permalancers (who are Lancers very close to being like Staffers because they don't work anywhere else).
      Last edited by radioraheem; 06-03-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        That makes for sickening reading. What an utter fucking crook Richard Schaefer is.

What's happened here is that an ex-banker has been caught red-handed trying to loot an ex-fighter's company. Insane to think that there are people who call themselves boxing fans who are siding with the banker.
        I agree, feel bad for Oscar. Looks like Schaeffer was giving off all of GBP fighters to Haymon. The truth is in the numbers.

What a dirt down pair of dirty dogs those two are. They were going to(looks like they did) leave Oscar with nothing but dust and lint. Schaeffer/Haymon stabbed Oscar In the back.
        Last edited by ElMeroChingon; 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyme 4 Rhyme View Post
          You'll get more from reading this site then anything that clown writes.
          Whatever Rafael is, he has much more insider information then anyone here.

Comment

All I understood is Mayweather still a coward no matter how many ships he jumps.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              It happens all the time. Anytime owners leave their shop, restaurant, or any business entity, the guy who you trusted to manage for a while will find a way to screw you. He may even plan to get rid of you. It's human nature.
              It is because oscar was just the poster boy. From what ive read he did very little else. Richard built the relationships and did everything on the business end. Its tough to side with either. Richard screwed oscar but oscar allowed himself to be by not doing anything in the business.

Comment

Haymon and contracts are nothing new. It's been reported a long time ago that Haymon steers his fighters far away from lengthy contracts with ANY Promoter. Great for fighters, but might not be so good for a Promoter.

I don't see it as snake ****. I see it more as two guys (Haymon and Schaefer) who had a great working relationship. Even though a guy like Trout wasn't signed to Golden Boy exclusively, Trout was still being promoted by Golden Boy like an exclusive Golden Boy fighter. So as long as Schaefer and Haymon were on the same page, they would keep doing business together, keep making profits, and all exclusively with Golden Boy despite the lack of contracts for some fighters.

I don't think the plan ever was to take an entire boat of fighters and make their own entity. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

of course you dont see it in a bad way. if it was floyd or haymon getting screwed you would be singing a different tune. but its cool lets see how long them snakes last til they want to eat each other.

Comment

I could say the same about you.

I spoke about lengthy contracts because it's contrary to what Haymon does with his fighters. He has always had his fighters stay far away from long-term contracts with any Promoter. If it's possible that he can have them have NO contract, he will take that avenue. This has been known for years.

So facts like that doesn't help some of the conspiracy theorists here. Having no contract benefits a fighter, but might not benefit the Promoter. Promoters as companies don't want to run a ship full of Freelancers. They don't benefit as much as if the Freelancers were Staff.

But in this case, Haymon's fighters were more like Permalancers (who are Lancers very close to being like Staffers because they don't work anywhere else).
                  You make the case pretty clearly against Schaefer in this thread.

You say having no contract might not benefit the promoter.

You say that promoters don't want a ship full of freelancers.

And yet Schaefer allowed it.

Instead of working in the interests of GBP, he was working in the interests of himself...because the person at GBP benefitting the MOST from a fight-by-fight promotional basis with Mayweather/Haymon was Schaefer, because HE was the one with the relationship with Haymon and Mayweather, NOT GBP.
                  Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 06-04-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

This is prize fighting - Why lock yourself into a lengthy contract with a promoter? Nowadays, that is dumb!! The blueprint has been given. Oscar, FMJ, and now Cotto have shown the younger fighters how to run their business. Look at Chaves Jr. and Mikey Garcia. Very smart moves trying to get from under their promoter. They want more control over their careers. How could anyone complain? The hatred for Haymon shows ignorance and a lack of respect for the fighters. The fact is fighters sign with Haymon to maximize profits. Anyone hating on that is a real hoe.

Comment

Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                      This is prize fighting - Why lock yourself into a lengthy contract with a promoter? Nowadays, that is dumb!! The blueprint has been given. Oscar, FMJ, and now Cotto have shown the younger fighters how to run their business. Look at Chaves Jr. and Mikey Garcia. Very smart moves trying to get from under their promoter. They want more control over their careers. How could anyone complain? The hatred for Haymon shows ignorance and a lack of respect for the fighters. The fact is fighters sign with Haymon to maximize profits. Anyone hating on that is a real hoe.
                      name 1 Al Haymon fighter other than Floyd thats making Tim Bradley type money or even Brandon Rios type money

Comment

Working...
                      X