No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Sillakh Will Get Knocked Out in Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IIG View Post
    This is an interesting fight. There was a brief time that I wouldn't have taken anyone at 175 over Sillakh. But he has chin and stamina issues that makes it hard to be confident in him. Forced to pick I'd go with Kovalev, who is an underrated technician, and would likely find Sillakh's chin at some point.
    ... All the "ex-Soviet school" top fighters are underrated technicians...

Comment

I feel differently than most about this match up. Sillakh has skills but his idea of dominating an opponent is not the same as Kovalev's. Sergey is a different kind of animal. He is a killer. He gets busy, and finds holes to exploit. He doesn't quit until he breaks something. Sillakh prefers to jab and backpedal, setting up nice crisp shots and then move again. His timing is good but as we all saw with Grachev, he is not forcing his opposition to quit. He is simply outboxing guys without punishing them too bad. Kovalev on the other hand is putting a serious beating on his oppoenents. All you have to do is watch Sillakh's last fight against Piternov and then compare that with any of Sergey's last three fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer! View Post
        How can Jackson not take issue with this guy being such a racist? Calling African Americans sun burnt people and pure bred n@$$&** is plain wrong! I can't and won't support anyone who is ok with this garbage! Despite his boxing skills which will be tested, Sergey isn't someone who I respect.
        When did he say that!?

I think I would have heard about that before now (I fu@kin hate racist)

Please provide some evidence to support your claim.

I will not support racist fighters (If you think that way it is very easy to keep it to yourself)

And if the Russian did that sh|t why is a black man his trainer?

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
          When did he say that!?

I think I would have heard about that before now (I fu@kin hate racist)

Please provide some evidence to support your claim.

I will not support racist fighters (If you think that way it is very easy to keep it to yourself)

And if the Russian did that sh|t why is a black man his trainer?
          Yeah I would like a source or link.

Comment

I used to think Shilak was real good when he was on ESPN but I haven't seen him in a while

Comment

Working...
            X