No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Chad Dawson Discusses Andre Ward Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Chad Dawson Discusses Andre Ward Clash

Kim Francesca Martinez catches up with light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson to discuss the upcoming fight with WBC/WBA super middleweight king Andre Ward, training camp and more.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Kim Francesca Martinez catches up with light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson to discuss the upcoming fight with WBC/WBA super middleweight king Andre Ward, training camp and more.

[Click Here To Read More]
    168 is his NATURAL weight?!?...gotta see this to believe it!!

anyway, I noticed years ago that Chad was possessed by the p4p top spot....when Floyd was on his retirement chill...he acknowledged Chad as the BEST fighter p4p....call me crazy, but I think Chad knew Ward was getting closer to the spot than he was and with Ward winning fighter of the year and getting alot of shine from the S6....Chad knew the time was now.....something is telling me Bad Chad is gonna shine bright in Oak Town...I have a feeling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post

anyway, I noticed years ago that Chad was possessed by the p4p top spot....when Floyd was on his retirement chill...he acknowledged Chad as the BEST fighter p4p....call me crazy, but I think Chad knew Ward was getting closer to the spot than he was and with Ward winning fighter of the year and getting alot of shine from the S6....Chad knew the time was now.....something is telling me Bad Chad is gonna shine bright in Oak Town...I have a feeling!!!
      Chad will be his lazy, half asleep, never kicking into 2nd gear self (If he has one) and Ward will pop him for his troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post

yeah hes been saying 168 is his best weight for years. the only reason he moved up in the first place was bcuz he could get a title shot faster at 175, then he stayed bcuz the competition was better and like you say he wants that p4p spot.

calzaghe didnt want no parts of him but ward presents a chance to make an even bigger statement and he will do just that, i think he will win. ppl act like dawson is just some opponent which is absurd. dawson is much better than anyone ward ever fought before, he has a better resume and he brings dimensions ward never experienced.

everybody goes on about how smart and skillful ward is, how he is this great boxer. i agree with that but he never fought another fighter whos a great boxer in his own right. chad brings so much to the table that ward never seen before, first time ward is fighting a better athlete than himself. first time hes fighting someone whos skill and fighting IQ is on par with his own if not better as well.

yet ppl assume he will walk through chad.. this isnt mikkel kessler or sakio bika. ward will have to take his game to a whole new level to beat chad. problem is chad is going to do the same and if he goes out there and puts it all together i dont see how ward can beat him. this kid is special, more so than ward and ppl will realize that on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          yeah hes been saying 168 is his best weight for years. the only reason he moved up in the first place was bcuz he could get a title shot faster at 175, then he stayed bcuz the competition was better and like you say he wants that p4p spot.

calzaghe didnt want no parts of him but ward presents a chance to make an even bigger statement and he will do just that, i think he will win. ppl act like dawson is just some opponent which is absurd. dawson is much better than anyone ward ever fought before, he has a better resume and he brings dimensions ward never experienced.

everybody goes on about how smart and skillful ward is, how he is this great boxer. i agree with that but he never fought another fighter whos a great boxer in his own right. chad brings so much to the table that ward never seen before, first time ward is fighting a better athlete than himself. first time hes fighting someone whos skill and fighting IQ is on par with his own if not better as well.

yet ppl assume he will walk through chad.. this isnt mikkel kessler or sakio bika. ward will have to take his game to a whole new level to beat chad. problem is chad is going to do the same and if he goes out there and puts it all together i dont see how ward can beat him. this kid is special, more so than ward and ppl will realize that on fight night.
          I feel the same.....even during the lil' B.Hop drama, I always said Chad is highly skilled....ppl don't talk about his big adjustment during the fight with B.Hop....midway through he started leading with his left....that threw the oldman for a loop imo...he couldn't get the timing down and that was because Chad didn't allow him to....big B.Hop fan here, and as that last fight ended my homies had long faces and I told them, the oldman just got beat by arguably the BEST fighter alive minus Floyd....I honestly believe Chad is the BEST excluding Floyd....but he doesn't have the big W's to justify that...Ward is closer to being the best on paper...but I do believe Chad is the better boxer/fighter of the 2

the thing I like about Ward is that "I CAN'T BE BEAT" swag....you can see it and hear it in the dude...he's gonna be tough to beat....really tough!!...I got Chad but I do like both dudes tbh....like I said, IMO I think Chad is the BETTER fighter

Comment

Working...
          X