Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with the new tone of HBO's the fight game??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    I think if they were gonna single out Haymon they should have talked about the practices of the other top advisors and promotors in the sport to make it look like they are at least blatantly singling him out

No one is perfect but he is gotta be doing something right
    It's worth pointing out why 2014 was such a bad year in boxing. The main reason being Al Haymon not making meaningful fights despite having over a hundred fighters signed to him. He was one of the biggest problems in boxing this year. No other person in boxing has this much power and influence on making good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      I think if they were gonna single out Haymon they should have talked about the practices of the other top advisors and promotors in the sport to make it look like they are at least blatantly singling him out

No one is perfect but he is gotta be doing something right
      As Lampley said "Boxing fans only want to see great fights " unfortunately the Haymon approach of "take the path to greatness with the least resistance " is what's killing our sport.

I think it's about time we take aim at advisors and promoters alike for what the sport lacks at their behest.

Comment

Ohhhh god...

HBO be hatin on Showtime and Haymon and sheit!

I don't give a fu*k about networks, promoters and all that g@y ass **** you Flommers gossip over.

Comment

They are just trying to get Floyd out in the open. Stop hiding behind Al Haymon and fight Manny! Dont be a coward Floyd!

#fightpacquiao

Comment

RED K for reminding me of HanzGruber for 2 secs. ATG stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Ohhhh god...

HBO be hatin on Showtime and Haymon and sheit!

I don't give a fu*k about networks, promoters and all that g@y ass **** you Flommers gossip over.
              So in other words you condone advisors and promoters to continue to bamboozle the wider boxing audience.

Comment

People like Beadle? She strikes me as an uber-bitch who doesn't know anything about boxing (beyond the reading she does to get her through the show), she's just looking for an easy pay-check by cashing in on the sport.

Comment

the show has always been a turd

Comment

I haven't watched this show since the second or third episode. But I've read the text of his Floyd/Haymon rants and they were both on the money.

There was no real need to go on the Floyd rant though. Everyone already knows he's a ****. The Haymon speech was necessary. If Haymon's stranglehold on the sport isn't broken, years like 2014 could become the norm.

Comment

Simple. More episodes, so you need more viewers tuning in. Lampley is now the Keith Olberman of HBO and thats the new tone for the fight game.

He was right about Haymon, but heres the thing.. Haymon is great for the fighters, bad for the fans but you know know? Its not his fault, hes playing the game, taking advantage of the system which is corrupt and simply broken. Boxing doesnt have an association or union, so fighters get paid peanuts to get punched in the face for a living until they're damaged goods and the promoter gets him knocked out to feed the younger lion, and said fighter goes on to have medical problems and becomes broke. Theres noone looking out for the well being of boxers, absolutely no system in place.

You guys are directing your frustrations and anger as fans to the wrong person. THE NETWORKS ARE BUYING THE FIGHTS, its as stupid as getting mad over a lawyer getting someone off, just doing his job and taking advantage of the Fcked up justice system. Showtime/HBO chose to buy the fights, everyone should be upset at the NETWORKS. Haymon is hated now, even though the hate is misguided, but he might just revolutionize the sport, 10 or 20 years down the line Boxing just might have an asscioation with a union to ensure fighters are well paid and taken care of and there wont be no need for Promoters or people like Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                      X