No announcement yet.

Em Voted Best Rapper Alive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Em Voted Best Rapper Alive

Eminem has been voted the greatest rapper alive by fans and readers of VIBE Magazine and its website.

Although Em hasn't released a full solo album since 2004's Encore, his fan base has shown that it remains tremendously loyal.

Vibe broke the competition down tournament style, placing a slew of emcees into four brackets: the Notorious BIG bracket, the 2Pac bracket, the Pimp C bracket, and the Big Punisher bracket. The number one seeds in each bracket were, respectively, Jay-Z, Eminem, Lil Wayne and Andre 3000.

After voting each week from July 21 to August 4, the final were decided. Eminem and Jay-Z made it to the final four, as expected. Somewhat unexpected was Game's defeat of Andre 3000 in order to make it to the semifinals, and Ludacris' defeat of Lil Wayne in order to claim the same spot.

Eminem, who had beaten Nas by a slim margin to claim a final four spot, and Jay-Z made short work of Ludacris and Game, respectively. The two legends faced off in votes, and after over 920,000 votes, Em beat out Hov, retaining 61 percent of the votes to Hov's 39 percent.

"It’s obviously an honor to have won the fans' support by being voted the Best Rapper Alive,” said Eminem to the fans on Vibe.com. “I don't think that there is any one rapper that is simply the best though. Everyone who was in consideration and many others are the best at certain things, and at what they do. But since VIBE's offering the distinction, hell yeah I'll accept!"

Em is one of my favourites but he isn't the best rapper alive imo.

Andre 3000 and Weezy beating The Game and Luda was puzzling.

LMAO @ their final four.

Comment

Luda getting some recognition, finally.

Comment

I suppose if a black guy can be the best golfer, a white guy can be the best rapper. Makes no sense, but fits somehow. Shows how diverse the country is becoming and I like that.

Comment

em is definitly the best

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
            I suppose if a black guy can be the best golfer, a white guy can be the best rapper. Makes no sense, but fits somehow. Shows how diverse the country is becoming and I like that.
            why is he black? why is he not chinese?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              why is he black? why is he not chinese?
              Cause he looks black. JK, hahaha. Don't get bent out of shape. I guess I should have said that he was "not white". Point being is that mostly white folks play golf since it's introduction and the same goes for blacks and rapping. Don't act like you did'nt get it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
                Cause he looks black. JK, hahaha. Don't get bent out of shape. I guess I should have said that he was "not white". Point being is that mostly white folks play golf since it's introduction and the same goes for blacks and rapping. Don't act like you did'nt get it anyways.
                nah it's no problem but everyone makes it seem like tiger and barrack are strictly black when they are not if anything you can say obama is more white than he is black

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                  nah it's no problem but everyone makes it seem like tiger and barrack are strictly black when they are not if anything you can say obama is more white than he is black
                  He's more black than I am.

Comment

Eminem's next album better be the best **** ever dropped after that long delay.

Motherfuсker pulled a Lil Wayne minus all the guest appearances.

Comment

Working...
                    X