No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Signs Managerial Pact With Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Signs Managerial Pact With Al Haymon

Undefeated middleweight contender Peter Quillin (26-0, 20KOs) has signed a contract with influential boxing manager Al Haymon. Quillin was slated for the Floyd Mayweather-Miguel Cotto undercard on May 5th - but his opponent, Winky Wright, fell through, and whether or not Quillin will remain on the card is unknown.

[Click Here To Read More]

Headline should be "Qullin to fight on HBO/Showtime 3 times a year"

Comment

uh oh

get used to seeing this kid on HBO, home boys

Comment

I'm more worried that he's going to be fighting a bunch of unknown stiffs. Middleweight division isn't loaded with names and HBO isn't too excited about bringing over the euro fighters most of the time. If HBO or Showtime decides to make Winky vs Quillin a main event, I'm gonna be pissed. Stop wasting slots.

Comment

Can't say as I blame Pete for signing with the most powerful "manager" in the business. But I hope his old manager, John Seip, is still on board in some capacity. John took this kid from a nobody and supported him financially and got him to where he is now. Now Pete's actually about to make some money and get some big fights - I hope John sees some of that. If not, that's a damn shame - but not particularly shocking in this sport, I guess.

Comment

Yes, John will be staying on according to Peter. I just added a quote where he says Al will be coming aboard and that no one is leaving the team.

Comment

Another HBO hypejob that will be protected and hailed as the next great MW. Dont expect to see him in there against guys like Pirog, Golovkin, Proksa, N'jikam, Khurtsidze.

Comment

Time to get more popular, and more money. Good move by Quillin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Another HBO hypejob that will be protected and hailed as the next great MW.
                  Hypejob?

If he was Eastern Euro I'm sure you'd be all over his jock....he's trained by Freddie Roach and beat Jesse Brinkley faster and more impressively than Lucian Bute did.

Comment

Robbery victory over Sergio Martinez confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                    X