Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Hires Pedro Diaz, Gives Donaire Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    by adding caribe to the equation?
    I think the article implied that he wants to get rid of them. He was already with Caribe before TR and now he wants TR to settle their legal dispute for good.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

wtf is rigo doing? first pedro diaz now caribe? so he wants more people to take food off his plate? You must be kidding if this is too complicated it mite just cost him the fight, this reminds me of the gamboa rios situation. He should take the money and get to it, come on now.
      Some of this is out of left field. The Pedro Diaz issue isn't totally unexpected, but this concern with Caribe Productions and Top Rank? Whaaaat? Rigo better not spoil this with some BS!

Comment

PPL forget that last fight Caribe took Rigondeaux to court, 72 hours before fight time and Rubio had to drag him out of his bedroom for the fight, he doesn't want any controversy or distractions for his biggest fight, and I agreed...

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
          legal issues?

looks this fight might not happen because Rigo has contractual issues.

but oh yea, Donaire's ducking.
          It's still early, but this sort of nonsense is a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            PPL forget that last fight Caribe took Rigondeaux to court, 72 hours before fight time and Rubio had to drag him out of his bedroom for the fight, he doesn't want any controversy or distractions for his biggest fight, and I agreed...
            What you say makes sense, but Rigo is in no position to be holding things up. They'll move on without him. He better make his mind up soon. Real soon....

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I think the article implied that he wants to get rid of them. He was already with Caribe before TR and now he wants TR to settle their legal dispute for good.
              oh? i skipped through the article , let me read it again. i ope thats what he means cuz luis de cubas is a snake

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                good point

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8KOs) has exclusively informed BoxingScene.com that he parted ways with trainer Jorge Rubio and officially retained the services of Cuban coach Pedro Diaz, who also trains superstar Miguel Cotto, Olympic gold medal winner Odlanier Solis and several other fighters. [Click Here To Read More]
                  Since Caribe Promotions was not able legally to stop Rigondeaux's September fight, very likely they would not be able to stop the Donaire fight. It is Rigondeaux who is making this fight conditional. It seems that he is revelling in the (mistaken) opinion that he is another Manny Pacquiao who holds all the cards.

Of course I am just speculating, but unless the previous contract, which had Top Rank as the lead promoter, contained a stipulation which prevented Top Rank from making a new contract without them, then they're out of luck. And Arum is too smart to overlook this. They've got at Rigondeaux in some way, and he's not very bright. In fact many of the Cuban boxers have shown little or no intelligence when it comes to dealing with their own careers. Perhaps from so many years of repression.

Feeling more confortable with Diaz usually means feeling less comfortable with Rubio....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Yow! Rigo went ahead and hired Pedro Diaz! I was very curious to see if Guille would do it. Now I have my answer.

Added to that is the news that Rigo hasn't yet signed his contract! I don't understand his concern about Top Rank and Caribe Productions. One would assume it affects him directly, but Guillermo doesn't say anything about it other than he wants the situation between the companies resolved. More questions....
                    wtf is rigo doing? first pedro diaz now caribe? so he wants more people to take food off his plate? You must be kidding if this is too complicated it mite just cost him the fight, this reminds me of the gamboa rios situation. He should take the money and get to it, come on now.
                    Yo! I think we need to get this Cuban PR company going. All these guys are getting screwed and taken advantage of.

I thought Rigo cleared himself of all legal issues before the Marroquin fight?

Comment

Fight won't happen. The way out has shown itself. Not saying it's a duck either way but Arum likes things to "marinate" and this will be his excuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X