Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duane Ford To Explain Pacquiao-Bradley Card To Lampley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i honestly think that the judges should have vision tests esp. if they are 74yrs.old(no disrespect to u old cats) hell why not have fan judging for that matter...

Comment

Also just think how open scoring could have changed the fight esp. given Pac's style...

Comment

Do you know what makes something true? Third-Party Perspective.

Just saying.......

Comment

these judges should be suspended like the ones from the lara/williams match

Comment

You cares why does he have to explain himself now? I still don't think Bradley won but i wouldn't disagree 100% with any judge who might scores the 1,7,9,10,11,12 rounds to Bradley... I still had it 8-4 rounds to Pac but he wouldnt be the first and last fighter to get jobbed.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
              You realise that those stats are made by one guy, watching the fight live, right? They literally mean nothing. You could count the punches yourself while watching, and it would be as creditable as CompuBox figures...

I can't believe a fully grown man refers to punches as bams, bangs and booms... something about Pacquaio brings out the ****** in Lampley.

On topic though, it should be interesting to hear one of the judges opinions on the fight and how/why he scored it how he did!
              nope it is not. come back once you have the right info

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                You cares why does he have to explain himself now? I still don't think Bradley won but i wouldn't disagree 100% with any judge who might scores the 1,7,9,10,11,12 rounds to Bradley... I still had it 8-4 rounds to Pac but he wouldnt be the first and last fighter to get jobbed.
                Ford gave round 5,7 and 8 to Bradley, so it seems you do have a problem with his scorecard then.

Comment

I'm really intrigued to hear Ford's reasoning for giving Bradley rounds 5 & 7. Compubox is not the end all be all but it's a decent system for giving a rough comparison of punches landed. According to Compubox rounds 5 & 7 were in favor of Pac 22-8 & 27-11 respectively. How can Ford & Ross both justify scoring those rounds in favor of Bradley? Effective aggression, ring generalship, punches landed, power punches, defense...hard to favor Timmy in any of those categories.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Ford gave round 5,7 and 8 to Bradley, so it seems you do have a problem with his scorecard then.
                    There were many close rounds. The issue is that Pac would land eye catching punches at the end of the round in an attempt to steal the round. Sometimes it would be no more than 3 solid punches and that was all he really did that round.

To me, that's ok if you do it once or twice a fight but if you do that every single round, I can help but give it to the other guy is he is controlling the rest of the round and landing punches. If the other guy is just standing there and not doing much, then yeah, those 3 or 4 punches will likely get you the round.

Lampley, for instance would be like, "Yup, those punches there got Pacquiao the round" Especially in round one....sure those 3 punches were nice but does that mean that the manner that Tim controlled the other 2 minutes of the round, the punches he landed, and the fact that Pac was inactive for those two minutes, are worthless and count for nothing?

These thoughts are that goes through my mind when I score a fight. The HBO crew sees a few flush punches and that is the end all and be all..........as long as you are the guy they support.

Just pointing out some things that I noticed....still had it a Pac fight by a couple but it was not a whitewash in any sense.

Comment

Ford: Well he (PACMAN) let the judges wait for a long time,since he watch a basketball game before the fight,that's the only reason he loss! payback...

Comment

Working...
                      X