Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Americans the biggest nation of Duckers in world boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Americans the biggest nation of Duckers in world boxing?

We all know and accept that they are boxing on decline. it is evident from having less world champions ever, no heavyweight champions since 1996 and not one medal at the 2012 Olympics.

In sight of this, to keep the US boxing scene even remotely conscious do the likes of Hopkins(nearly 50) Floyd(pushing 40) and Andre ward(doing bugger all in his prime years) duck just to keep Us boxing alive???

Its a wacky conspiracy, or is it that US boxers just not as tough as there European counter parts?

Or is it not there fault, is it more to do with contracts and TV networks that have made them look like the nation of wet blankets as far as boxing is concerned???
    yes
    66.67%
    no
    28.57%
    dont know
    4.76%

Depends on the individual boxer and promoter.

Sturm ducked Golovkin for several years, when he was WBA mandatory.

Hearn in the UK matches his boxers very carefully by times. Watch for Brook to duck Porter now.

Comment

Possibly.

Take it from Thurman fans. They say he's being ducked by everyone in his division. That would include Maidana, Guerrero, Porter, Alexander, Peterson, Berto, Lopez, Mayweather... How can this even happen? A guy just comes out of nowhere, becomes a star fighting nameless opponents and now he's suddenly being ducked by everyone.

Do you accept that there are a bunch of duckers in the GBP stable?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        Depends on the individual boxer and promoter.

Sturm ducked Golovkin for several years, when he was WBA mandatory.

Hearn in the UK matches his boxers very carefully by times. Watch for Brook to duck Porter now.
        But stern is not put on a Pedi stool like USA BOXERS ARE. We have Hopkins continually shoved down our throats in the boxing community. yet reality is he losses if he fights Adonis or Kovalev.

Ward only beat froch by 2 points in his hmoe town. Yet he wont fight froch in the UK, or Kovalev.

Floyd mayweather is a complete joke. peter qullin is finished in boxing if he fights any other world elite middleweight.

As much as I think TAIMOTHY BRADELY is a poor fighter and didn't win his lost 4 matches. At least he aint a ducker and fair play for him for fighting the best. That I respect.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          Ward only beat froch by 2 points in his hmoe town. Yet he wont fight froch in the UK, or Kovalev.
          It was an injustice to the other participants in the Super Six that Andre Ward was permitted to have all his fights in his home country (with officials from his home country) while everybody else had to fight in foreign countries.

Comment

But stern is not put on a Pedi stool like USA BOXERS ARE. We have Hopkins continually shoved down our throats in the boxing community. yet reality is he losses if he fights Adonis or Kovalev.

Floyd mayweather is a complete joke. peter qullin is finished in boxing if he fights any other world elite middleweight.

As much as I think TAIMOTHY BRADELY is a poor fighter and didn't win his lost 4 matches. At least he aint a ducker and fair play for him for fighting the best. That I respect.

Mate! Froch barely won 2 rounds, hometown has nothing to do with that (I'm from the Uk btw) Ward beats him anywhere. Froch,Khan,Groves are the best we have right now.
            Last edited by Uklad; 04-21-2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uklad View Post
              Mate! Froch barely won 2 rounds (I'm from the Uk btw) Ward beats him anywhere. Froch,Khan,Groves are the best we have right now.
              dodnt believe you are from the UK. But the judges as did I had froch only 2 rounds behind in the USA. Froch won the last 3 rounds.

Comment

dodnt believe you are from the UK. But the judges as did I had froch only 2 rounds behind in the USA. Froch won the last 3 rounds.
                get your eyes checked soon then or learn to score a bout The English Judge scored it 118-110 to Ward,, Froch got outclassed from outside and inside, nothing to do with hometown decision or judges, get over it. Ward's in different league and i'm from the Uk just not from Nottingham.
                Last edited by Uklad; 04-21-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Man this is just sad

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Man this is just sad
                    I know what you mean, look what Floyd has done influencing all American boxers to be fat lazy slugs who don't want to fight and just make videos about fights they want no part of for money they don't deserve, glad you are finally seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X