Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLOYD: "Shane worries about being strong. I worry about being smart...and winning"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLOYD: "Shane worries about being strong. I worry about being smart...and winning"

"We're totally different," Mayweather said Thursday during a conference call with news reporters. "He's a fighter that always worries about landing one big shot. He worries about who's extremely strong. And I worry about being smart and winning.

"Shane maintains a low level with wide shots and not using a full jab. I use a full jab. When I shoot my shots, I look at my opponent, look where I'm punching. When Shane punches, a lot of times he closes his eyes. We're two totally different fighters."

Any similarities? "Yeah, we're both fighting May 1st," Mayweather says with a chuckle.

Brawn vs Brain..

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
      Brawn vs Brain..
      Yup

But both have different styles and those styles have worked out great for both of them in thier careers. Thats how Mosley was taught to fight and how he has always fought.....its not like his gonna change his style just for Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
        Yup

But both have different styles and those styles have worked out great for both of them in thier careers. Thats how Mosley was taught to fight and how he has always fought.....its not like his gonna change his style just for Floyd
        Mosley's hasn't worked out quite as well for him.

He couldn't shift gears when he was faced with someone he couldn't wear down...or outbox.

Comment

Floyd's going to whoop that boy's ass. It's going to get ugly what he does to him in 2 weeks. Real ugly but oh so enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
            Mosley's hasn't worked out quite as well for him.

He couldn't shift gears when he was faced with someone he couldn't wear down...or outbox.
            Yea because that was his style, plus he decided to fight the toughest guys of there who were a little big for him i think. You cant tell me Shane hasnt done well in his career. Sure Floyd has done a little better with his 40-0 record but Shanes future HOF career is due to his fighting style

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Floyd's going to whoop that boy's ass. It's going to get ugly what he does to him in 2 weeks. Real ugly but oh so enjoyable.
              Do you really see Floyd demolishing Mosley? i mean nobody has ever done it and Floyd isnt known to do that

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
                Yea because that was his style, plus he decided to fight the toughest guys of there who were a little big for him i think. You cant tell me Shane hasnt done well in his career. Sure Floyd has done a little better with his 40-0 record but Shanes future HOF career is due to his fighting style
                I didn't say Shane hasn't done well. I said "quite AS well".

I dispute that Vernon Forrest was too big for Shane. He fought Shane in the ams. Fought Kostya Tszyu in the ams. Besides, I had a F2F conversation with VF about a week before he passed. Vernon was not a big guy. Was Vernon too big for Mayorga?

Winky is about the same size as Fernando Vargas. But nobody said Vargas was too big for Shane. The Shane/Winky size difference is no more than Floyd/Oscar.

The problem is Shane's fight STYLE. He tries to blast through you. And nobody can really blast through WW. Trinidad had more power than Shane, and he couldn't do it.

Look at how Pernell did against big men. Or Cory Spinks.

Comment

Working...
                X