No announcement yet.

Boxing's Most Tragic Figures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    To me Tyson is far from a tragedy, everything that's happened to him has been by his own doing, the rape case, the ear biting, the beating the **** out of people at redlights, etc... Tyson still has his mind and his health, granted he has the mental capability of a 12 year old but really, he's always been that way.

I disagree about Ali. I can see the point that he lived how he wanted to and thinks of Parkinson's as a challenge, but damn. It still hurts me everytime I see him and I know when he passes away, a great part of boxing will be gone forever, and that to me is very tragic. Same with Ray Robinson passing.

Riddick Bowe to me is tragic simply for the fact that he's nearly as damaged as Meldrick Taylor, if not as much, and is still allowed to fight when other people whould intervine and stop it. Here was a guy who has all the potential in the world, and suddenly everything just fell apart. Hell watch the first Holyfield fight, or even the second and you can see Bowe's potential just glowing. It's tragic what's happened to him.

Meldrick Taylor will always be my personal pick for most tragic though, aside from death in the ring. That kid had everything he needed to be one of the best, and after the Chavez fight he was never the same. What pisses me off most was the bull**** decision to stop the fight when Meldrick had clearly kicked Chavez's ass. So not only is he brain damaged for the rest of his life, he also has to live with the fact that he was robbed of the greatest victory in his entire career.
    Didnt I say that?

Comment

doo koo kim, his corner should've thrown in the towel, that was tragic, anybody else watch that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRingside View Post
        doo koo kim, his corner should've thrown in the towel, that was tragic, anybody else watch that fight?
        I saw it live when I lived in Vegas. He didn't appear to be that badly hurt.

Comment

Benny"kid" Parrett and the many others who have died from injuries received inside the ring.

Comment

Working...
          X