Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Mayweather rejected $100 million offer ($80m for Pac)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum: Mayweather rejected $100 million offer ($80m for Pac)

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...arquez-boxing/
    “We had an offer, a legitimate offer on the table for 180 million dollars and people due to fight and had a big upside of 180 for the two fight camps. That’s when he said 55-45 which would’ve given Mayweather 100 million. (Pacquiao) would’ve ended up with 80 million and that’s still a lot of money right? But Mayweather will not fight him. Now why am I saying that? I’m not saying it to be, I know the guy and I know what his problem is, Mayweather, because we had him for 10 and a half years and his problem was he hated, he never wanted to face a southpaw and a southpaw that can move and punch with his left hand makes Mayweather completely vulnerable. All you have to do was watch him in the (DeMarcus) Corley fight where he didn’t realize Corley was one when he made the fight. Corley shook him up and had him in trouble. Why? Because Mayweather is a sensational defensive fighter but that’s against an orthodox guy. If he goes against a southpaw he opens himself up. You saw that happen in the Cotto fight because Cotto is a right handed fighter but he’s really a southpaw that’s converted and Cotto hurt him because he doesn’t have a good defense to the left hand.”

Bob Arum needs to stop. If what he is saying is true then it would mean 185 million going towards the fighters pursue. The fight isn't that big.

Look at the De La Hoya v Mayweather fight, it generated $120 million. From that 52 mil was paid to Oscar and 25 mil payed to Floyd.

77 million of the 120 million revenue went towards the fighters.

Using that as a foundation the fight with with Mayweather and Pacquiao would have to generate upwards of 250 million.
    Last edited by FeFist; 12-06-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

Mitchell, Judah, Chavez, Ortiz, Corley, (Cotto a southpaw convert) to name a few that Mayweather has slaughtered. He hasn't problems against southpaws and tbh I think he is up there with B-Hop as the two current best in the sport at facing southpaws.

And I don't believe for one minute he turned down a guaranteed $100,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          Bob Arum needs to stop. If what he is saying is true then it would mean 185 million going towards the fighters pursue. The fight isn't that big.

Look at the De La Hoya v Mayweather fight, it generated $120 million.
          And what would be your opinion if what he said is indeed true?

I'd reserve judgement until Floyd actually calls this BS. Not that hard to expose a liar like Arum.

Comment

wow 100 mill is a lot of money for floyd to have turned down !

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
              And what would be your opinion if what he said is indeed true?

I'd reserve judgement until Floyd actually calls this BS. Not that hard to expose a liar like Arum.
              There would be no excuse.

Comment

lmfao................

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

Look at the De La Hoya v Mayweather fight, it generated $120 million. From that 52 mil was paid to Oscar and 25 mil payed to Floyd.

77 million of the 120 million revenue went towards the fighters.

Using that as a foundation the fight with with Mayweather and Pacquiao would have to generate upwards of 250 million.
                  This is 2012 and people have lost interest in this fight. It's still the biggest fight to be made but not as big as it should've been years ago.

Comment

Didnt we go through this already when Cotto stated in the media that Arum lied with what he offered him.

Comment

Working...
                    X