Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Martin Murray is set!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez vs Martin Murray is set!!!

WBC middleweight champion and pound for pound star Sergio Martinez will return home for the first time in ten years for his next bout when he takes on Martin Murray on April 17 next year.

The 37 year-old, who regained the green belt that he never lost in the ring when comprehensively out-pointing Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in September, will make his first defence against the St. Helens fighter at a venue yet to be confirmed.

Murray, 30 is undefeated in 25 contests, one of which was a credible draw with former WBA title holder Felix Sturm, which plenty who witnessed It believe the Briton did enough to take the win in Germany.

The former British and Commonwealth champion has business to attend to before he can seal the challenge though, as he faces Jorge Navarro on the Ricky Hatton undercard later this month for the interim WBA belt.

A victory for Murray sets up the huge South American date with ‘Maravilla’ Martinez, which could happen in front of a mammoth 55,000 capacity crowd, according to the Argentinian's advisor Sampson Lewkowicz.

This makes weird internal sense. It looks like the UK's top 3 middleweights are never gonna face each other, so hey, why not use Martinez as a measuring stick. Although IMO Billy Joe Saunders beats Murray at this moment in time, that kid's the truth

Comment

Sturm beat Murray even though Sturm was so poor.I can understand it in a way they need someone decent who will go to Sergios backyard and has a "belt" but it will be a beatdown

Comment

A Weds huh. Ok

Comment

Dead Man Walking!

Comment

Good to see "The green belt" is on the line.

Comment

Martinez is gonna run through Murray.

Comment

YAY!! shit is going the way I predicted.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  YAY!! shit is going the way I predicted.
                  Miss Cleo is that you?

Good fight for Martinez. Stays fighting top 10 fighters like a real P4P fighter should. Even tho I think a Macklin rematch would've been bigger.

Comment

Fighting Murray's a joke.

I don't consider this official though so I'm not going to believe it until I see it officially.

Comment

Working...
                    X