Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple question: Do you like Antonio Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    Three words: Illegal hand wraps
    Don't talk about things you don't understand.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
      Imagining that the handwraps controversy never took place and I would have to judge him for his performances and fighting spirit alone, I would say yes. The guy likes to fight and was always relentless. He's had some really entertaining fights like the ones against Antonio Díaz, Daniel Santos, Kermit Cintrón, and so on.
      One can't simply fantasize illegal behavior away, especially if we have no idea how many times he did it. It would be nicer to think it was just a one time affair but as a fighter he's tainted and so are his fights. What he did speaks volumes not just about what he is willing to do to win but his overall character. If a fighter has no honor or scruples, what does he really have in the end?

I just can't look at his fights the same anymore.

Comment

Not really.

Comment

i dont dislike margarito

Comment

Originally posted by dj emzz View Post
            I would have to say, only bootlicking ****sexuals don't like him.
            Basically, this ^^.

I love the guy. I watch boxing. I am a spectator. I enjoy watching this man work. Regardless of what anyone says, we will be talking about him when he's gone from boxing. And I will be right there saying, Tony is the ****.

VIVA ANTONIO MARGARITO!!!

Comment

i respect his commitment to the sport
              he's as well conditioned and as steady mentally as any man in boxing

that being said, if he loaded his gloves against cotto and cintron and johnson i hope he has a long stay in hell
              they will carry those beatings with them for the rest of their lives

cotto certainly was never the same after that fight
              anybody who says otherwise didnt watch cotto in his prime when he was a special fighter

Comment

Neither like him or dislike him but I do admire his fighting heart and you can always count on his stamina to apply relentless pressure.

Comment

nope. never have, never will. theres really not muc to like about him imo.

Comment

i give you loaded gloves

when was the last time you saw margarito hitting like that?

look at how fast they got the wraps off!

Comment

I respect his will and his blue collar boxing style.

I'm just not really a fan of it. I prefer fighters who mix more skills into being balls to the wall, I just don't really like face first brawlers in general.

Add to the fact that he hasn't exactly endeared himself to the public after the wrap scandal and.....nah not really.

Comment

Working...
                      X