Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential IBHOF inductees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not use McGuigan, who should never have even garnered consideration, as a standard for who is worthy...

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
      If Barry Mcguigan can be in the Hall of Fame, I nominate the following:

Gaspar Ortega
      Marvin Johnson
      Ralph Dupas

Two were champs and all three beat some ATG's and HOF'ers
      That should not be how it works though. Just because he's in doesn't mean we should let those as good and better in. We'd be letting in nearly every half decent champ from every single era otherwise.

He is not worthy, and it should stop there.

Comment

Agreed, otherwise they'll be letting in mediocrity and lessening the prestige.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Ah, I thought you meant Mark Johnson not Marvin Johnson.

Ortega is in the World Hall of Fame.

I thought he was in the IBHOF but it seems he's not.
          You did a whole thread on Cocoa and didn't even mention him....

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Cocoa Kid got into the IBHOF last year.

Comment

Gushiken yoko

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                He's in the HOF now.

I made a thread on that too

Comment

Originally posted by sugar555 View Post
                  Gushiken yoko
                  LONG overdue. He'll get it eventually. Needs the right year, one sort of like this one where the first year guys are weaker. Yuh is in because of it in part. Chang got his. Gushiken and Zapata are the remaining 108 guys who I think are must.

Comment

if people like mark johnson are getting in then might as well put ioka hiroki in ther because he was the only man ever to legitimately beat Myung-Woo Yuh and the only man to beat him actually and for being the 1st wbc minimum weight champion. adn why not shozo saijio and royal kobayashi and shirai yoshio as well for being japan's first world champion. you see how many other people should be getting in instead of these other undeserving american's who literally have accomplished nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar555 View Post
                      if people like mark johnson are getting in then might as well put ioka hiroki in ther because he was the only man ever to legitimately beat Myung-Woo Yuh and the only man to beat him actually and for being the 1st wbc minimum weight champion. adn why not shozo saijio and royal kobayashi and shirai yoshio as well for being japan's first world champion. you see how many other people should be getting in instead of these other undeserving american's who literally have accomplished nothing.
                      I remember seeing Sho Saijio fight in LA. He was a decent fighter, but clearly not on the same level as Mark Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                      X