Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take CONVINCE PEOPLE that GOD/RELIGION IS NOT REAL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    It all comes down to belief systems. If you choose to follow any belief system, whether it be a deity or man, you are still just a sheep. Science has its place of course, but no experiment will determine how or why we exist. Science in a broader term may have the answer, but we as humans will never be smart enough to know. That is the point I am trying to make
    Asking "why we exist" doesn't really have an answer though, so you're trying to solve a non-problem

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Science doesn't prove the big bang... nothing can. It's just a theory and nothing more.
      that's the point. at some point human beings have to go on some sort of faith.
      Last edited by T.Horton; 09-21-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        that's the point. at some point human beings have to go on some sort of faith.
        Apparently they're getting there (big bang wise), but I'm not a scientist

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
          Apparently they're getting there (big bang wise), but I'm not a scientist
          i can't even comprehend how they could figure that out....

Comment

It all comes down to belief systems. If you choose to follow any belief system, whether it be a deity or man, you are still just a sheep. Science has its place of course, but no experiment will determine how or why we exist. Science in a broader term may have the answer, but we as humans will never be smart enough to know. That is the point I am trying to make
            No the point you're trying to make is that science is a religion, which is pretty idiotic.

No experiment will determine why we exist? of course it wont because there is no answer. Its just one of those things that religious people "claim to know" and know science nor anything will never find an "answer" because one does not exist

Comment

i don't believe that science is a religion but i see the parallels that deanrw is pointing out.
              One claims to know answers while the other is trying to find answers. What is the similarity? That we both agree the universe is so fcuking complicated that we in reality know extremely little about it?

Comment

i can't even comprehend how they could figure that out....
                That is what I am saying. Science attempts to answer the questions regarding the universe only creates more questions. Some people will bind themselves to a Deity and some to Science looking for an answer. Myself? well I am not looking for one, because both could be so far off it is a waste of time.

Comment

That is what I am saying. Science attempts to answer the questions regarding the universe only creates more questions. Some people will bind themselves to a Deity and some to Science looking for an answer. Myself? well I am not looking for one, because both could be so far off it is a waste of time.
                  What you're saying makes sense to me. People are drawn to the sciences the same way that they are drawn to religion.

It's not complex.

Comment

• maybe if aliens showed up and revealed some answers about the universe or something...just the idea that there is other intelligent life out there would cause a huge blow to all religions i think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      One claims to know answers while the other is trying to find answers. What is the similarity? That we both agree the universe is so fcuking complicated that we in reality know extremely little about it?
                      I did not say that science and religion were in any way similar in practice or in theory. what i am saying is i see what deanrw was saying with regard to the way people who believe in science follow it as though it is a sort of religion.

Comment

Working...
                      X