Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis won't have any answer when Fury plants his lead foot under his balls and his head into his chest and starts to unload body shots will full steam. It's hard not to give him the nod in historical fantasty fights, because we haven't ever seen a HW like him. A man of his mammoth size who who moves swiftly and gracefully, can end the fight with either hand, can switch stances mid combination fighting off the back foot, or come forward and maul you with blistering combinations.
    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 08-20-2016, 04:57 AM.

Comment

None of the fighters you named would have struggled with Spinks ,take away Holmes jab and like Ali you take away the fight which puts Mike Tyson over them them ,making him more viable to beat more top guys and arguably he beats Wlad as well who would be favored over Holmes or Ali bc he can take away anyones jab .

If you are doing round about of who is more likely to beat the most heavyweights in ALL eras and include EVERYONE to ever lace them up ...i would have top 5 ....

1/ V .Klitchko ...... Great chin at 6'7 250 awkard style who was great at timing opponents movements and a certain top 10 puncher who didnt have to put himself at risk as much bc he threw shovel like arm punches from a further distance makes him my number one despite a sub par resume next to Wlad and Lewis who didnt fight the best Vitali . Was he the most gracious to watch,no but looking pretty and effectiveness are two seperate things .

2 / M. Tyson ..... Speed power accuracy and possibly the best defence in HW history at his best under Cus/ Rooney ,he was the perfect fighting machine . He was great at closing distance and dictated fights by mostly countering missed shots which makes him suitable to defeat anyone on any given night ,highly underatted chin ,you really had to mug him in the long haul to defeat him against prime Tyson theres little chance if hes not already winning in a one sided fight you were already knocked out .

3 / Lennox Lewis ..... Another super HW at 6'5 240 /250 ...He had all the fundamentals and power ,a top 5 jab and a deadly over hand right ,his chin not the best but getting by the 83 inch reach is something most HW's couldn't do ,a focused Lewis was another animal he could fight inside and outside effectively enough to make him that more dangerous hes the most well rounded fighter ,to beat the best Lewis you have to have attributes or skill sets to make that happen the above 2 do........

4 / Wlad Klitchko ..... The fastest and arguably hardest hitting super HW ever to lace them up is no easy fight for anyone if he got into rythm despite what his detractors say that is reality . I think he had the best jab ever and a straight right attack along side Steward he was a limited but mechanical nightmare for opposition ,they knew what was coming bc he rarely changed anything up but could do nothing about it ,his dominance speaks for itself ,his main weakness was inside fighting ,pressuring him really is the best way to defeat him, i dont see anyone from the past out boxintg him on the outside ,certainly no one under 6'3 he almost never takes flush power shots due to ring general ship and height of 6'6 with world class skill ,the main thing thats underatted about Wlad is not just the left hook but his foot work ,like Vitali hes great at creating space far enough hes usually out of someones range...his career is already cemented and not over yet .

5 / E. Holyfield ..... The most balanced of all the Heavyweights and ability to do it all despite being inconsistent he has the attributes to defeat just about anyone at his best ,a great counter puncher himself who even when being tempted into brawling type matches with bigger stronger guys was almost always the winner ...his main weakness was long jabbers . I think Holyfield when motivated may have been the mentally toughest guy to beat ,but i see the top 4 doing it ,the Holyfield who fought Tyson in 96/97 would have defeatted 90% of the boxers in HW history ,his persistance made him that difficult .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-20-2016, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Lewis, Ali and Vitali are the 3 best heavyweights ever.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
          Which heavyweights, out of interest? I can name a couple, but I have a hard time coming up with ten. Lennox and Bowe, I presume, Evander, Tyson... Holmes?
          The 4 you named, Micheal Moorer at his best takes Wlad, Tommy Morrison wouldnt be playing with this giant and he would put haha, dat hook on em, sleepy sleep. Golata knocks him out, Ray mercer ****s him up and I dont know if you remember this old fat dude named George Foreman, he kills him to and last but most definitley not least Evander the mutha fukin real deal Holyfield comes in and beats Wlad to death. There is your ten and there a few fringe guys that would get him to. If you insist I can give you them too. Bert Cooper for one if he landed would put Wlads lights out.

Wlad ruled in a bad era, Ii aint gonna take nothing from him because he got it done. He wouldnt have been anything in the early/mid 90s, now Vitali is a different story and we all know hy.

My bad, you mentioned Evander. Hell a focused Buster Douglas would kill Wlad, the dude isnt that good bro. Tyson Fury shut him down.
          Last edited by Sun_Tzu; 08-20-2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

LMAO at the people who say Ali, Louis, and Holmes would beat Lewis and Vitali. What a joke, get real. Those people are TOO SMALL, compare them to Povetkin and Mike Tyson.

Vitali and Lewis would defeat any heavyweight now and in history in their primes. Period. You don't need a lot of brain and boxing experience to understand that.

Comment

And lets be honest, Fury would have never been known outside the UK in the 90s, shiet Bruno would have knocked Wlad out.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick..Slayer View Post
                LMAO at the people who say Ali, Louis, and Holmes would beat Lewis and Vitali. What a joke, get real. Those people are TOO SMALL, compare them to Povetkin and Mike Tyson.

Vitali and Lewis would defeat any heavyweight now and in history in their primes. Period. You don't need a lot of brain and boxing experience to understand that.
                The worst part about what you posted isnt that you know next to nothing about boxing. The really sad thing is you dont know how hard the mutha fukers back then were. I have an honest question and Im not trying to be an ass. How old are you?

Comment

h2h Vitali is my pick. Just because Lewis won one highly controversial fight didn't settle any goat issue for me. It needed a trilogy at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                    The worst part about what you posted isnt that you know next to nothing about boxing. The really sad thing is you dont know how hard the mutha fukers back then were. I have an honest question and Im not trying to be an ass. How old are you?

You're biased and too locked on the era of boxing you grew up with. It's not a matter of boxing knowledge man, it's common sense. A focused prime Lewis and prime Vitali would be way too much for the little guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                      h2h Vitali is my pick. Just because Lewis won one highly controversial fight didn't settle any goat issue for me. It needed a trilogy at least.
                      Too bad Lewis wasnt confident with himself even after promising all his fans and Vitali to his face for a rematch. but Lewis won, good for him. But him running for the hills after that means everything

Comment

Working...
                      X