No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse to Return on 12/15 and Then 2/9 at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    It looks like they are, and Matthysse is gonna be more motivated than ever to bang out whoever is put in front of him until then.
    I can't see Garcia winning this fight. He likes to bang out and his chin IS NOT better than Matthysse's, Morales had him hurt and Khan was rocking him. And if he tries to box (if he even knows how to do that) Matthysse body assault will eventually get to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I can't see Garcia winning this fight. He likes to bang out and his chin IS NOT better than Matthysse's, Morales had him hurt and Khan was rocking him. And if he tries to box (if he even knows how to do that) Matthysse body assault will eventually get to him.
      I think Garcia would prove his mettle against Matthysse, kinda like Guerrero did against Berto. I think Garcia is stronger/tougher than he appears, and his threshold is higher than what we think. Can Matthysse break him in two? I wouldn't bet against him. But I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia pulls off a KD from outta nowhere. It's a great match-up, top 3 guys in the division going at it and it's a fight that both guys need.

Comment

I think Garcia would prove his mettle against Matthysse, kinda like Guerrero did against Berto. I think Garcia is stronger/tougher than he appears, and his threshold is higher than what we think. Can Matthysse break him in two? I wouldn't bet against him. But I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia pulls off a KD from outta nowhere. It's a great match-up, top 3 guys in the division going at it and it's a fight that both guys need.
        Maybe not inside two but I don't see Garcia going the distance. Or is his threshold lower than what most think?

All I know is, Garcia better keep that belt warm cause Matthysse is coming. And another thing, you see how Garcia is getting Judah? I bet you Matthysse won't get no soft touch cause GBP will try to prevent that fight from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Maybe not inside two but I don't see Garcia going the distance. Or is his threshold lower than what most think?

All I know is, Garcia better keep that belt warm cause Matthysse is coming. And another thing, you see how Garcia is getting Judah? I bet you Matthysse won't get no soft touch cause GBP will try to prevent that fight from happening.
          My bad lmao, "lower than what most think" is what I meant to say lol

IDK who GBP would match Lucas with, but it won't matter. He's gonna beat WHOEVER it is. I won't want to be across the ring from Lucas at the Barclay Center.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post

Matthysse vs Khan or Matthysse vs Molina???
            If they made Matthysse-Khan, it would unite the entire boxing community for one beautiful night.

Comment

My bad lmao, "lower than what most think" is what I meant to say lol

IDK who GBP would match Lucas with, but it won't matter. He's gonna beat WHOEVER it is. I won't want to be across the ring from Lucas at the Barclay Center.
              If GBP wants to make money off of Matthysse-Garcia they should put Maidana in there with him on 2/9. Actually, Cano might work too cause he gave Paulie a hell of a fight right there in Brooklyn.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                According to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, hard-punching WBC interim-junior welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (32-2, 30KOs) will take a stay-busy fight on December 15th in Argentina. Should everything go as planned, Matthysse would then return on February 9th as part of a Showtime televised card at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The Barclays card is headlined by a junior welterweight clash between WBA/WBC champion Danny Garcia and former two-division king Zab Judah.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                And former two division king Zab Judah...lol

Comment

Mattysse is a G.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    According to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, hard-punching WBC interim-junior welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (32-2, 30KOs) will take a stay-busy fight on December 15th in Argentina. Should everything go as planned, Matthysse would then return on February 9th as part of a Showtime televised card at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The Barclays card is headlined by a junior welterweight clash between WBA/WBC champion Danny Garcia and former two-division king Zab Judah.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    I hope that their fight is on the way..

Comment

Working...
                    X