Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better point guard Derrick Rose or Chris Paul?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the better point guard Derrick Rose or Chris Paul?

For me it's Derrick Rose. He's a better scorer, more athletic, and more dynamic. I don't think it's really that close. I could only imagine what it would be like if Rose had a Blake Griffin to play with.
    Derrick Rose
    48.57%
    Chris Paul
    51.43%

I have to go with Chris Paul.. Even though I'd take Rose as well. I just like cp3's overall game. His vision, driving to the basket, IQ and ability to play in the half court when the game's on the line.

Comment

Rose isn't a PG. He is a 2, trapped in a shorter body.

As far as a true point guard, Paul is just about as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        I have to go with Chris Paul.. Even though I'd take Rose as well. I just like cp3's overall game. His vision, driving to the basket, IQ and ability to play in the half court when the game's on the line.
        I see what you're saying, but imo the only thing Paul does better than Rose is pass the ball. Chris has a better basketball i.q. but Rose is much more talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Rose isn't a PG. He is a 2, trapped in a shorter body.

As far as a true point guard, Paul is just about as good as it gets.
          Rose averages over 8 assists a game, that's almost the same as Paul. Point guards can be scorers as well. Derrick has to carry the scoring load on that team. Imagine if Rose had Griffin, Butler, Williams, etc. to pass the ball to?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            I see what you're saying, but imo the only thing Paul does better than Rose is pass the ball. Chris has a better basketball i.q. but Rose is much more talented.
            Rose is by far more athletic but cp3 actually makes his team mates that much better. Another thing I like about Paul is the fact that he takes care of the ball. He also does that better than Rose. Another category Paul has the edge on is steals. For his career, he averages the same amount of Steals and he does Turnovers to go along with about 10 apg.. The guy's efficiency is up there with the best of them

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              Rose is by far more athletic but cp3 actually makes his team mates that much better. Another thing I like about Paul is the fact that he takes care of the ball. He also does that better than Rose. Another category Paul has the edge on is steals. For his career, he averages the same amount of Steals and he does Turnovers to go along with about 10 apg.. The guy's efficiency is up there with the best of them
              Rose makes his teammates better as well. The Bulls second best player is Luol Deng for crying out loud. If Rose had a number 2 like Griffin his assist numbers would probably jump through the roof. That Bulls team is not that talented. Caron Butler is just about as good as Deng. If Rose and Paul switched teams the results would be interesting.

Comment

easily cp3

Comment

My vote goes to Chris Paul.

Better shooter, defender and has a higher IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    easily cp3
                    How so????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                    X