Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
    True fable.

Everybodies opinion differs.

But be all and end all Eddie Van Halen, is the greatest. Lol.

Clapton? Pah.
    As a guitar player I don't care for either guy nor do I find their playing in any way inspirational.

Van Halen is overproduced, Clapton is too slick. I don't care for guys like Vai and Satriani either.

Give me Skip James, Robert Johnson or Son House any day of the week. The guitar should be raw and emotional. Not perfect and multi tracked over top of itself 20 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      As a guitar player I don't care for either guy nor do I find their playing in any way inspirational.

Van Halen is overproduced, Clapton is too slick. I don't care for guys like Vai and Satriani either.

Give me Skip James, Robert Johnson or Son House any day of the week. The guitar should be raw and emotional. Not perfect and multi tracked over top of itself 20 times.
      **** me, next thing you'll be saying Denzel should win an oscar every year even after he dies. Guitar playing has evolved my man, and Eddie has mastered it.

Comment

• Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
        **** me, next thing you'll be saying Denzel should win an oscar every year even after he dies. Guitar playing has evolved my man, and Eddie has mastered it.
        but he should....

Comment

• hey locke; what u waiting 4 the poll n voting man?

Comment

• Originally posted by 120 View Post
            hey locke; what u waiting 4 the poll n voting man?
            Ok mate, will get on it tomorrow, but some of these guys are so un heard of, to narrow it down, will have to go a lil mainstream, and pick the top ten most popular ones mentioned in this thread.

Comment

• keeull, gotta have danny carey in there man. the dude is top notch.

Comment

• Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
                Here is my top 5:

5. Lars Ulrich

4. Keith Moon

3. Phil Collins

2. Joey Jordison

1. Dave Grohl

when i get a few replies i will take the top ten and make a poll where we will vote and decide the greatest rock drummer of all time.
                love lars ulrich, but tbh, the guys has some of the easiest, most repititive beats ive ever heard lol

4.) phil collins
                3.) john bonham
                2.) niel pert

and number 1, mostly because its my own personal prefrence, GIVE IT UP to the father of the double bass.................

DAVE LOMBARDO!!!!

damn hes only 20yrs old in this vid

Originally posted by Fighting Marine View Post
                Ringo Starr FTW!!!
                LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X