No announcement yet.

Frampton would make millions fighting anybody

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    The other poster answered your question. Frampton kills himself to make 122. If Rigo wants to fight Frampton at 126, he should move up. But if he's willing to move up shouldn't he fight Lomachenko?

As a fan, I could care less about the best fighting the best if it's going to be an absolute snoozefest, I'm a casual fan, I want to see fun action packed fights, and don't bring up how if I like mindless brawling I should go wathc a bar fight or some bs like that. Just because 2 fighters don't run around the ring for 12 rounds and barely throw any punches doesn't mean there is no skill involved.

Comment

Originally posted by casualfan View Post
      The Amagasa fight was only interesting because Amagasa made it interesting. Rigo has to have an opponent that comes forward with nothing to lose to have a remotely interesting fight. Really Rigo's fight are a snorefest, if they weren't HBO wouldn't have told him to go away.

P4p is subjective, who cares? Rigo will win that fight in a snoozefest outboxing him. If Frampton cleans out the FW divisions, and beats Selby, Valdez, GRJ, Cuellar, he'd have a case for p4p #1.

Yh it had nothing to do with Rigo breaking his face & the same could be said for anybody. Hardly any fighter will ever look good vs someone scared to engage that is focusing purely on shelling up or going into survival mode.

Cleaning that division out won't make anybody p4p #1
      Its a division full of prospects and unproven guys without a big win between them.
      Chocolatito has already beaten the proven #1 at 3 weights, could soon be 4. Also the Ward vs Kovalev winner.

Comment

Yh it had nothing to do with Rigo breaking his face & the same could be said for anybody. Hardly any fighter will ever look good vs someone scared to engage that is focusing purely on shelling up or going into survival mode.

Cleaning that division out won't make anybody p4p #1
        Its a division full of prospects and unproven guys without a big win between them.
        Chocolatito has already beaten the proven #1 at 3 weights, could soon be 4. Also the Ward vs Kovalev winner.
        And who was scared to engage? Drian or Rigo? Drian was the one going forward, while Rigo was countering on the backfoot. Rigo is a counter puncher that rarely initiates.

If Amagasa fought exactly in the same style as Rigo it would be a snorefest.

Like I said, p4p is subjective. I thought I was the casual fan here.

Comment

The other poster answered your question. Frampton kills himself to make 122. If Rigo wants to fight Frampton at 126, he should move up. But if he's willing to move up shouldn't he fight Lomachenko?

As a fan, I could care less about the best fighting the best if it's going to be an absolute snoozefest, I'm a casual fan, I want to see fun action packed fights, and don't bring up how if I like mindless brawling I should go wathc a bar fight or some bs like that. Just because 2 fighters don't run around the ring for 12 rounds and barely throw any punches doesn't mean there is no skill involved.

Lomachenko is at 130 & talking of going upto 135, may as well have him fight Kovalev or something

What makes you think it would be boring?
          Two extremely explosive guys with surgical precision, K.O power in both hands, undefeated. Two top notch counterpunchers.

What next we gonna suddenly not care about Kovalev vs Ward on the off chance it could be boring? Yh Kovalev shouldn't take that, **** the best vs the best, Wards not exciting enough.

Comment

Lomachenko is at 130 & talking of going upto 135, may as well have him fight Kovalev or something

What makes you think it would be boring?
            Two extremely explosive guys with surgical precision, K.O power in both hands, undefeated. Two top notch counterpunchers.

What next we gonna suddenly not care about Kovalev vs Ward on the off chance it could be boring? Yh Kovalev shouldn't take that, **** the best vs the best, Wards not exciting enough.
            Lomachenko wanted to fight Rigo at 124 but Rigo turned it down. Was that a duck? Bringing up Kovalev is just a really moronic analogy.

One pure counter puncher, and boxer/counter puncher fighting is usually a snorefest to me. There will be very little punches thrown, and Rigo is quite superior to Carl so he'll just end up making him look silly in a one sided boring fight.

Kovalev/Ward is a different situation, Kovalev is a boxer puncher and Ward is a counter puncher. It's going to be an interesting fight.

Comment

He said he won't run from now on he'll take center ring, he was true to his word vs Dickens. Broke his jaw and Dickens refused to engage.

He is done running. He will stand right in front of Frampton just like he and apparently the fans want only they now don't want that they want to see the ever exciting Lee Selby

Every fighter has boring fights sometimes styles don't gel too well, Rigo isn't any less exciting than most.
              His fights vs Marroquinn, Donaire, Kennedy just too name a few were all top drawer.

Comment

He said he won't run from now on he'll take center ring, he was true to his word vs Dickens. Broke his jaw and Dickens refused to engage.

He is done running. He will stand right in front of Frampton just like he and apparently the fans want only they now don't want that they want to see the ever exciting Lee Selby

Every fighter has boring fights sometimes styles don't gel too well, Rigo isn't any less exciting than most.
                His fights vs Marroquinn, Donaire, Kennedy just too name a few were all top drawer.
                Frampton said he can't make 122 anymore without killing himself. If Rigo is willing to go to 126 for Frampton, he should fight Lomachenko at 124 at least. The skill level in that fight would be far more even, and competitive. I find when 2 boxers/counter punchers fight each other, and there's a huge level difference the fight is an utter borefest.

Comment

Lomachenko wanted to fight Rigo at 124 but Rigo turned it down. Was that a duck? Bringing up Kovalev is just a really moronic analogy.

One pure counter puncher, and boxer/counter puncher fighting is usually a snorefest to me. There will be very little punches thrown, and Rigo is quite superior to Carl so he'll just end up making him look silly in a one sided boring fight.

Kovalev/Ward is a different situation, Kovalev is a boxer puncher and Ward is a counter puncher. It's going to be an interesting fight.

He asked for a 135lb hydration clause didn't he? Pretty sure Lomachenko's team turned it down and they moved up. Could be wrong or may of missed something I didn't follow it all.

Is that it then Rigo is so far above and beyond Carl Frampton that it would be boringly one sided?

Basically what people want is this Bantamweight already fighting SBW and always giving away huge weight & height discrepancies to go all the way up & fight an elite 130/135lb fighter because he is that good its the only way they see him losing/in a competitive enough fight for their liking.

Comment

The Loma fight was going to be at 124 and I think Rigo asked for a 135 hydration clause but it was turned down.

I doubt Loma can still make 124 anyway safely he is already at 130 and talking of going upto 135. He is naturally far bigger than Rigondeaux not just that he has an elite skillset too.

As great as Rigo is even he has his limits.

Why not Frampton vs Lomachenko surely that makes more sense? Or is Rigo only held in this regard?

Comment

He asked for a 135lb hydration clause didn't he? Pretty sure Lomachenko's team turned it down and they moved up. Could be wrong or may of missed something I didn't follow it all.

Is that it then Rigo is so far above and beyond Carl Frampton that it would be boringly one sided?

Basically what people want is this Bantamweight already fighting SBW and always giving away huge weight & height discrepancies to go all the way up & fight an elite 130/135lb fighter because he is that good its the only way they see him losing/in a competitive enough fight for their liking.
                      Why does he need a hydration clause? Loma is willing to go all the way down to 124, does he want to fight a corpse? So what you're saying is Rigo is willing to go up to 126 to fight Frampton without a hydration clause, but not loma at 124? Hmm I wonder why.

Yes, stylistically when 2 guys who are boxers/counter punchers, though Rigo is obvious far more defensive, the fight is usually boring if there is a big gap in skill set. Did you enjoy Postol/Crawford? Obviously Frampton is not as one dimensional as Postol, but the skill difference is similar.

Why is loma a 130/135 pounder? He was fighting at FW, but moved up because just like rigo no one wanted to fight him, why doesn't Rigo follow suit, or fight loma at 124?

Comment

Working...
                      X