Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people suddenly defending Sanctioning Bodies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the sanctioning bodies but if boxing turned into Al Haymon fighters fighting for make believe titles with the actual champions not involved I think I would lose what's left of my interest.

HW champion: Deontay Wilder
    CW: Which cruisers are with Haymon?
    LHW: Stevenson
    Quillin etc

I'll take all the silver continental sham belts over a flat out fake boxing league. Some would ejaculate with excitement -- we would be back to the 1970s shutting out most of the world to look good. Lots of pitiful one sided matches marketed as "rocky stories".
    Last edited by ////; 03-09-2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Exactly theres your problem. ABCs and major promoters probably wont recognise the PBC belt thingy, and Haymon won't recognise the ABCs. Adding more titles is gonna help, right?

As long as Haymon recognises the consensus champion, whether hes lineal or not, theres no need for a PBC belt. Thatll help push the ABCs towards some form of obscurity anyway
      The way I see it, is Haymon as of right now controls about half the star power in boxing.

Half the star power uses a PBC belt, the others use the 5 million ABC belts.
      What belt is going to have more pull? The 5 milion belts on premium networks where only the hardcores see it getting more and more convulted with horrible fighters having belts or the Network TV boxers using one centralized belt in each division??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
        Because the best fighters in boxing are not all signed under Haymon. The only way the PBC Belt will work is if he works with other promoters.

It's a good idea if everybody is willing to work together. But that's never been and never will be the case.
        /Thread........

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
          What belt is going to have more pull?
          Exactly why it would be a disaster. Imagine the babysat C-level fighters Haymon would convince the mainstream audience to be "world champions" while the actual championship fights migrated further and further away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
            Because the best fighters in boxing are not all signed under Haymon. The only way the PBC Belt will work is if he works with other promoters.

It's a good idea if everybody is willing to work together. But that's never been and never will be the case.
            yup you think haymon gonna let his pbc champsions fight outside of the pbc network? not gonna happen.

Comment

You guys are just going to have to accept the fact that a monolpy is coming, and things are changing. Changing in big ****ing way, and ive noticed on this forum people ****ing hate change no matter if its good or not. They ****ing hate it, they would rather cum to Rios vs Alvorado brought you by scumbag Arum on HBO then see the sport grow with Haymon on NBC. But change is coming I assure you.

PBC has too many fighters now and the rest of boxing is to scattered, disorganized, and unwilling to work together to make a comeback against it. In time, PBC getting 4 -5 million viewers on NBC vs 1m people watching the other half. PBC is going to leave everyone i the dust as far as stardom and popularity. The time will come where if you are not with PBC, you are not considered a top fighter in the sport. The same way people from Bellator os something are not in the same league as UFC fighters.

Its happening. Deal with it. And me personally. I welcome change. Anything then what boxing has become the last 3 decades.

Comment

The way I see it, is Haymon as of right now controls about half the star power in boxing.

What belt is going to have more pull? The 5 milion belts on premium networks where only the hardcores see it getting more and more convulted with horrible fighters having belts or the Network TV boxers using one centralized belt in each division??
                Boxing =/= US

Whats going to have more pull? The ABC's who work with commissions, promoters and other officials (including the HOF) all around the world, including the US where a lot of fighters hold and are proud of their titles.

PBC doesn't need a title. Recognise the consensus champion, ignore paper titles. Whats wrong with that? You can make a good impact on the sport whilst showcasing your fighters.

I recognise you, like many, love the idea of one champion. But supporting a PBC belt to this end is laughable... sorry man. Like I said, ABCs need reform, not a competing tier of champions to co-exist, and co-pollute.

Comment

You guys are just going to have to accept the fact that a monolpy is coming, and things are changing. Changing in big ****ing way, and ive noticed on this forum people ****ing hate change no matter if its good or not. They ****ing hate it, they would rather cum to Rios vs Alvorado brought you by scumbag Arum on HBO then see the sport grow with Haymon on NBC. But change is coming I assure you.

PBC has too many fighters now and the rest of boxing is to scattered, disorganized, and unwilling to work together to make a comeback against it. In time, PBC getting 4 -5 million viewers on NBC vs 1m people watching the other half. PBC is going to leave everyone i the dust as far as stardom and popularity. The time will come where if you are not with PBC, you are not considered a top fighter in the sport. The same way people from Bellator os something are not in the same league as UFC fighters.

Its happening. Deal with it. And me personally. I welcome change. Anything then what boxing has become the last 3 decades.
                  It's not going to happen.
                  But keep on trolling.

Comment

I will be Honest...I forgot Thurman was a title holder until somebody posted it on this forum after the fight

I think they will work the belts into the mix eventually!

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Boxing =/= US

Whats going to have more pull? The ABC's who work with commissions, promoters and other officials (including the HOF) all around the world, including the US where a lot of fighters hold and are proud of their titles.

PBC doesn't need a title. Recognise the consensus champion, ignore paper titles. Whats wrong with that? You can make a good impact on the sport whilst showcasing your fighters.

I recognise you, like many, love the idea of one champion. But supporting a PBC belt to this end is laughable... sorry man. Like I said, ABCs need reform, not a competing tier of champions to co-exist, and co-pollute.
                      Naw thats a good point. If thats his plan as well, I would support that. He doesnt necessarily have to have his own belt to recognize one champ. I think its coming though, so he can get rid of sanctioning fees.

Haymon has fighters from every big boxing nation, not just the US,

Comment

Working...
                      X