No announcement yet.

Helenius vs. Lyakhovich likely for June 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helenius vs. Lyakhovich likely for June 25

A fight between Robert Helenius and Sergey Lyakhovich has been confirmed for July 16.

The date of June 25 had been discussed, but Lyakhovich needed more time to prepare.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM.

Expect the fight to be explosive. Helenuis will knock Lya out early though, he's another stepping stone for Helenuis.

Comment

It's an ok fight and a good name to have on Hellboy's resume, but at this stage I don't expect a particularly competitive bout. Lyakhovich even in his prime was never hard to hit, and Helenius might just be one of the hardest hitters in the current heavyweight division. I'd like to see Helenius against more mobile slick and speedy heavyweights, as these are the fighters I think he'll have most trouble with in the future. Someone like Kevin Johnson or even Ruslan Chagaev would be good preparation for an upcoming bout with Eddie Chambers (whom I have outpointing Helenius at this stage).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        Looks like the Finnish media may have been jumping the gun.

The opponent has not yet been confirmed, they want to fight Lyakhovich but I read on the BoxRec forum today Helenius may have to face his EBU title mandatory Martin Rogan.
        Helenius will put a beaten on Rogan.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          Looks like the Finnish media may have been jumping the gun.

The opponent has not yet been confirmed, they want to fight Lyakhovich but I read on the BoxRec forum today Helenius may have to face his EBU title mandatory Martin Rogan.
          very bad news! major step down from helenius last fight if he fights rogan
          but it is what it is! sometimes you cant choose your opponent yourself

Comment

seems like every other week for more than a year, maybe two, I get this "Update to the newest version of Eudora" email. I use Mac and of course there hasn't been a single update in so long I can't remember. The first time I got one of these I thought, "FINALLY, an update!" BUT NO, no update, same old.
            What's the big idea with the repeated update email then? It's worse than spam.
            If there are no new updates, why do I keep getting the update email???

Comment

World all on onlinenewspapersz Free Online Chat Rooms if you are looking for Best Relationship, best life partner

http://www.onlinenewspapersz.com/p/t...lebrities.html
              google.com
              Youtube is a best sit for video

Comment

Helenius vs. Lyakhovich is now confirmed for July 16.

This should be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Helenius vs. Lyakhovich is now confirmed for July 16.

This should be a good fight.
                  What happened to Rogan being Helenius majority?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
                    What happened to Rogan being Helenius majority?
                    He is. The Irish media was reporting he would fight Helenius on June 25.

Maybe Helenius will drop the EBU title?

Comment

Working...
                    X