No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero is Close To Done For May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Liljo View Post
    Tell me why is Guerrero more deserving than Canelo to fight Floyd Mayweather?
    As pathetic as this may sound cause he beat Andre Berto..thats just how pathetic Canelos opponents have been, that all his 41 opponents added up arent as big as Guerrerros win againts Berto.

Comment

• Guerrero has a solid body of work below the 147lb division, he has good victories over Casamayor, Escobedo and Katsidis. Once he moved up, he beat the Welterweight gate keeper, Andre Berto. Berto must be ranked in and around the top 5 welterweights in the division, has Canelo had a victory over a top 5 154lb fighter? His best win in the division is probably Cintron. In terms of accomplishments, Guerrero has climbed the divisions and holds a good victory over a solid welterweight fighter. Canelo has yet to face a solid light-middleweight fighter.

Not that there's anything wrong with that at this stage in his career, he's only what, 22? But in terms of securing the ultimate fight in boxing, he is not very well deserving. Despite this, as a fan, it is a fight I would love to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
        It could be NOBODY answer my question... Do you wanna See Chad Dawson vs Sergio?? Why I ask that is because Chad Dawson is 175 Sergio is 160 2 weight class difference. Mayweather fights at 147 normally, and 160 for Sergio a 13 pound difference.

Now if you wanna say well "They can catch weight" How come Sergio NEVER EVER made that offer to Andre Ward for them to meet at 164?? Is Sergio scared of Ward. And is closer for Sergio, and Andre to both give up 4 pounds? Or for Mayweather to gain 7 pounds and Sergio to lose 6?

Man people are hella hypocrites isn't GGG a 160 pound fighter?? Isn't Kid Chocolate?? So how come Sergio doesn't fight those cats in his own weight class?
        Ward said if they fought, it wold have to be at 168, he said he wasn't able to come in any lower than that. He also said he thought that Sergio was too small for 168.............last time I checked he is fighting a top 10 undefeated 160 pound fighter who is once again bigger than he is......ya'll keep that hate up though, I like seeing ya'll try.
        Last edited by mathed; 12-22-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The President View Post
          Guerrero has a solid body of work below the 147lb division, he has good victories over Casamayor, Escobedo and Katsidis. Once he moved up, he beat the Welterweight gate keeper, Andre Berto. Berto must be ranked in and around the top 5 welterweights in the division, has Canelo had a victory over a top 5 154lb fighter? His best win in the division is probably Cintron. In terms of accomplishments, Guerrero has climbed the divisions and holds a good victory over a solid welterweight fighter. Canelo has yet to face a solid light-middleweight fighter.

Not that there's anything wrong with that at this stage in his career, he's only what, 22? But in terms of securing the ultimate fight in boxing, he is not very well deserving. Despite this, as a fan, it is a fight I would love to see.

GBP kind of ****ed things up with mayweathers opponent choice for next May. I mean now they have canelo who is bigger and looks impressive but his resume sucks and now guerro came in and you are right has a better resume.

They should have taken SOME risk and gotten canelo a decent fighter to build him up for mayweather. Either fight will still sell because of the mexicans but neither is very appealing.

Comment

• That's the idea of Canelo fighting either Cotto or Trout on the undercard, it would build up his resume.

Comment

• why do you dudes CARE soooooo much about who Floyd is fighting?!?...you ppl act like it's a new law to kick out the bread for his PPV fights...newsflash, yall don't have to pay for anything...but I think we all know that

so that brings me to the obvious reason dudes are tight about this fight....many are HOPING to see Floyd get beat...thats cool, but keep it REALISTIC...dude aint the same fighter above 147....the BEST Floyd is at 147...we ALL know that....thats what seperate us from the casual dick head cat who don't know a jab from a hook....so when hardcore heads INSIST on seeing Floyd fight anywhere above 147 I can see there's some kinda agenda there...dude is a WW...nothing can be done about that...accept it!!...it is what it is!!

if I was Floyd, I wouldn't go no higher than 150 anymore....I want somebody to beat him but not as bad as his haters do though....no excuses if he gets beat at WW...but if he some how he loses to one of those bigger, stronger dudes, then what?...I guess the rope mob don't care how they get his head...as long as they get it

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Ward said if they fought, it wold have to be at 168, he said he wasn't able to come in any lower than that. He also said he thought that Sergio was too small for 168.............last time I checked he is fighting a top 10 undefeated 160 pound fighter who is once again bigger than he is......ya'll keep that hate up though, I like seeing ya'll try.
                Sergio's fighting Martin F**king Murray next......Martin Murray

Williams and Pavlik were good wins, and Macklin/Chavez were acceptable. Dzinziruk was ehhh, he wasn't a MW but it was tolerable. Barker was a joke, Murray is a bit of a joke (considering his best fights at 160 are Golovkin, Geale, and Pirog) and a Chavez rematch is an even bigger joke.

Comment

• OF Course; All Ts Talk About How Close They Were With Canelo All BS

Floyd Junior is all about the illusion. Oh he picked the phone up to Pacquiao! Then secretly, quietly behind the scenes to a fight with Canelo. That was all image control. Junior is hoping Guerrero is too small, one dimensional, too slow, hence why he settles in for a fight with him, rather than a war with Pacquiao or Canelo. Junior is all about the easiest, strategically, least amount of risk to the bank. Hyoid is a puzzy, and as I've said before, he will never fight Pacquiao or Canelo, but he will sure smoke and mirror the public to death with the illusion he's seeking to iron out such details. The funny thing is, he never gets the details worked out. Junior needs to grow a set of ballz.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Sources close to the negotiations have advised BoxingScene.com that a deal is close to done for Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) to challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. We've been told the fight will indeed take place in the welterweight division, with Mayweather defending his WBC championship. Guerrero is the mandatory challenger at the weight and hold the interim-belt.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    I don't believe these rumors. I think there is just as good of a chance that Mayweather will fight a rematch against Marquez, since a fight with Marquez would be the hotest fight right now, as there is that he will fight Guerrero. No one knows for sure, including the alleged source of this article, which could be the writer's garbage man since most knowledgeable sources are made up by the writer of the article. However, I will say that either Guerrero or Marquez would be more deserving a choice than Alvarez. Guerrrero has beaten two top 10 welterweights and Marquez just KOd the guy who was underservedly considered the number 1 or 2 P4P best fighter in the world. Alvarez hasn't beaten anyone ranked in the top 10 at welterweight or junior middleweiight. Until he does, he has no business in the ring with Mayweather or for that matter, Miguel Cotto, whom I still consider one of the top 10 P4P fighters in the world.
                    Last edited by big_james10; 12-22-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Sergio's fighting Martin F**king Murray next......Martin Murray

Williams and Pavlik were good wins, and Macklin/Chavez were acceptable. Dzinziruk was ehhh, he wasn't a MW but it was tolerable. Barker was a joke, Murray is a bit of a joke (considering his best fights at 160 are Golovkin, Geale, and Pirog) and a Chavez rematch is an even bigger joke.
                      Martinez is the only top 5 p4p fighter that has routinely been given passes for the fights he has. Pacquiao, Mayweather, Marquez, Donaire, Ward, they all get hated on immensely no matter who they fight, but Sergio goes mostly untouched for some reason. It's bullsh**.

Comment

Working...
                      X