Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can managers create a conflict of interest for the fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can managers create a conflict of interest for the fans?

I'm kinda gearing this towards Al Haymon (mainly because he has the biggest stable of fighters) . But, with the talk of Garcia vs Judah 2 could it be more cause of their mngr?

I know the TR vs GB beef, but now getting robbed of even more fights?

Yeah i can see that...

Honestly a manager gets paid for the amount of $$$$ they make a fighter.. So eventually the manager would want the biggest money fights to be made... But that doesnt mean they will happen when fans want them to happen..

Example would be lucas v garcia.... Huge fight but haymon probably thinking that an undefeated Garcia would do big $$$$ with floyd next year,, so he might steer lucas towards maidana and have danny v floyd... and down the road do lucas v danny

Comment

GB can't let this happen. It'll be such a shame n trust me ninjas ain't packing Brooklyn to Garcia vs Judah again

Comment

Agreed!
        But I'm gonna watch Danny, and Lucas whoever they fight (at least for now) and it wouldn't be as big as a fight if they fought each other. But GB is gonna make money on both fights. Maybe a bit more than just the one.

So then, it comes back to the managers and there not gonna cash either in until they've maxxed them out

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Yeah i can see that...

Honestly a manager gets paid for the amount of $$$$ they make a fighter.. So eventually the manager would want the biggest money fights to be made... But that doesnt mean they will happen when fans want them to happen..

Example would be lucas v garcia.... Huge fight but haymon probably thinking that an undefeated Garcia would do big $$$$ with floyd next year,, so he might steer lucas towards maidana and have danny v floyd... and down the road do lucas v danny
          It doesn't matter who wins out of Danny or Lucas. Personally with all the momentum Lucas has been gaining he might be the better sell for a super fight with Floyd. Showtime loves Lucas. Boxing writers love Lucas. Lucas has all these great highlights dropping guys. Dannys 0 don't mean **** if he doesn't fight Lucas next, because the press wont get behind a Danny Garcia vs Floyd Mayweather fight. Especially if he side steps Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
            GB can't let this happen. It'll be such a shame n trust me ninjas ain't packing Brooklyn to Garcia vs Judah again
            This^^believe me GBP knows they can not sell that fight..

Comment

It's not just the Danny vs Lucas fight though (I hope it happens too) and I'm sure there's alot of pressure to make it happen.
              But if it don't....
              Also, I'm sure we wouldn't see a Donaire vs Garcia or a rios vs bradley or Crawford vs either one of these guys (dunkin fighters)
              Any time soon

Comment

Yeah they fiddle way too much behind the scenes and care way too much about themselves rather than the fans (big surprise, always has been the fact). I do hate the lack of transparency most if not all managers/promoters. They're the weeds and huge black crows of the otherwise wonderful garden that is boxing.

Comment

I've been saying this for a few weeks. We cannot focus solely on prop motets hen managers like haymon and Duncan hold just as much power over the fighters as promoter do.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                    I've been saying this for a few weeks. We cannot focus solely on prop motets hen managers like haymon and Duncan hold just as much power over the fighters as promoter do.
                    Exactly! I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                    X