No announcement yet.

Was post Andre Ward fight Carl Froch "prime" Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was post Andre Ward fight Carl Froch "prime" Froch

Weirdly enough I found the older Froch got the better he was. Knocked out undefeated Bute and Groves, beat Kessler on points to get back for the loss. Went 5-0 and should of continued on it's a shame that payday put him off fighting anymore.

Pre Ward he was good but wasn't as destructive as he was in that 3 year period. Knocking out Bute and Groves was a big deal because against Bute he was an underdog and Groves was the up and coming young guy with hype.

Froch was good and he had a good style. He came to fight and not to wrestle and hug and clinch. I liked him. I'm not sure if he got better after he fought Ward but he certainly fought well. He beat everyone he fought after Ward and knocked most of them out.

Comment

No....just no

The post-Andre Ward period of his career was definitely his most commercially successful in that he became a household name and PPV attraction in the UK.

But suggesting that he was "prime" again is almost as embarrassing as the people who said Cotto was "prime" again under Roach.

Comment

Dude it was Lucian Bute and George Groves. We're talking about Lucian freakin Bute here. Granted, Ward didn't fight Bute, but that doesn't negate that he was a lot of hype. Still a good win for Froch though, I enjoyed that destruction.

Comment

I think Ward beat him when he was at his best, he might have gained more experience in that loss, but physically, mentally he was at his peak. To be honest that was a tough fight for Ward, a lot of people say it was easy, it was not easy. Ward had started struggling physically in the last round, it is not obvious but it was there. It was one of those fights that was pretty competitive without being so on the cards.

He never fought another fighter on Ward's level.

Comment

ward turned down the rematch because he knew new froch was on another level to him

Comment

If Froch had been on the same PEDs that night that he was on against Bute months later, he would have knocked the Son of Goat out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                If Froch had been on the same PEDs that night that he was on against Bute months later, he would have knocked the Son of Goat out cold.
                Still butthurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Dude it was Lucian Bute and George Groves. We're talking about Lucian freakin Bute here. Granted, Ward didn't fight Bute, but that doesn't negate that he was a lot of hype. Still a good win for Froch though, I enjoyed that destruction.
                  I don't care what you think about Bute. He was hyped up and many picked him over Froch to win even some said KO. Froch was also a decent sized underdog against Bute. No one has been close to doing what Froch did to Bute.

It's just true what Froch said. Once they've been "cobra'd" they don't look the same. Groves was an up and comer who many thought would be a world champion one day after beating DeGale. That was a very good win for Froch, doesn't it show when Jack could only get a SD win while Froch almost killed him?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                    I don't care what you think about Bute. He was hyped up and many picked him over Froch to win even some said KO. Froch was also a decent sized underdog against Bute. No one has been close to doing what Froch did to Bute.

It's just true what Froch said. Once they've been "cobra'd" they don't look the same. Groves was an up and comer who many thought would be a world champion one day after beating DeGale. That was a very good win for Froch, doesn't it show when Jack could only get a SD win while Froch almost killed him?
                    You don't have to care what I think about Bute, facts show he was hype. Who had he beaten worth a darn prior to Carl Froch? An old Glenn Johnson is the best name on his resume

Comment

Working...
                    X