Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name a fighter that actually recovered from a one punch to the chin ko loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Vision... View Post
    Floyd Patterson

Back to back KO losses to Liston

Came back to beat Chuvalo and Henry Cooper

that's probably as good as you're gonna get from a fighter post ww2. those are good wins against not great, but good fighters. surely patterson benefits from those two beatings being short ones. any others?

langford beat sam mcvea after being stopped twice in a row by harry willis. mcvea similarly was stopped twice by langford [a knockout and a retirement,] and would go on to beat langford himself, and harry willis.

Comment

Originally posted by No. View Post
      ALL regained their senses under their own accord.

They weren't completely out cold literally and had to be revived like Roy, P-Will, Hatton & Pac.

i was only asking about "knockout" losses in boxing terms. sleeping, can't beat a count, TKO, retirement, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        that's probably as good as you're gonna get from a fighter post ww2. those are good wins against not great, but good fighters. surely patterson benefits from those two beatings being short ones. any others?

langford beat sam mcvea after being stopped twice in a row by harry willis. mcvea similarly was stopped twice by langford [a knockout and a retirement,] and would go on to beat langford himself, and harry willis.
        Oleg Maskaev

Stopped by Lance Whitaker and Kirk Jonhson

Goes on to beat Rahman for the WBC HW title.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Has nothing to do with weak mind, Pacman has a strong mind but Rios jab will hurt him hard, why wont you guys learn its scientifically proven that once a guy gets hit out cold his chin is done his brain will react like a light switch.

You know why Rios has no stress and is living it up in Macau not even focusing on the fight because he knows Manny will be his easiest fight! i seen Rios in other training camps for other fights and he was more calm aand a bit nervous, this fight you can watch him living it up the dude knows this is a cake walk.

Pacman is too small and too weak for him. The chin matters and Pacman chin and body are weak now. face it, one punch he is done damn I hate this guys I hate being right.
          rios will hurt pac with a jab? huh, will he even be able to land?
          manny will be rios' easiest fight? a cake walk? WTF?!
          pac too weak for rios? HUH?!

cmon boy boy, be honest.. are you on crytal meth? you do a disgusting job analyzing fighting styles nd are eons away from being a scientist regarding your "chin-check" diagnoses. your trolling way too much boy boy, save yourself the embarassment & make a new account when pac wins, cause when pac wins nd you have the audacity to post again under this bullsht.. your gna get rediculed wild crazy

LMFAO @ brandon aka has an extra chromosome rios beating pacmonster. gimme a fkn break. smh

Comment

Moore KO 9 Charles
            Nunn KO1 Kalambay
            Torrecampo KO Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
              Moore KO 9 Charles
              Nunn KO1 Kalambay
              Torrecampo KO Pacquiao
              There are 3 cases for you. Duran was KOed by a great punch from Hearns and went on to win lots of big fights. Charles was KOed by Walcott and won lots of good fights afterward. Lennox Lewis was KOed with one punch twice and reversed both defeats.Williams seemed the same to me after the KO loss to Martinez. He took many bombs from Lara and stayed on his feet. It's much harder for a fighter to recover from a bad beating than a one punch KO loss. If you think Pacquiao was ruined be one mighty punch from Marquez you should bet on Rios and get almost 4 times your money back if Rios wins. I think Pacquiao will be better than ever and beat the hell out of Rios.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Vision... View Post
                  Oleg Maskaev

Stopped by Lance Whitaker and Kirk Jonhson

Goes on to beat Rahman for the WBC HW title.

you're on point today, big dog. rofl.

maskaev has been in some fun fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

that really is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      There are 3 cases for you. Duran was KOed by a great punch from Hearns and went on to win lots of big fights. Charles was KOed by Walcott and won lots of good fights afterward. Lennox Lewis was KOed with one punch twice and reversed both defeats.Williams seemed the same to me after the KO loss to Martinez. He took many bombs from Lara and stayed on his feet. It's much harder for a fighter to recover from a bad beating than a one punch KO loss. If you think Pacquiao was ruined be one mighty punch from Marquez you should bet on Rios and get almost 4 times your money back if Rios wins. I think Pacquiao will be better than ever and beat the hell out of Rios.
                      Alfonso Zamora sent Pedroza into another dimension as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrlGdRCttjk

Comment

Working...
                      X