No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's biggest Mistake imo was...

He fought too defensively. Don't get me wrong, Cotto defended very well but he didn't throw enough. Who would've thought that Floyd would throw more punches than Miguel? Cotto maintained that high guard even though Mayweather continuously threw that left jab to the stomach. Floyd was throwing that jab to the stomach to get Cotto to drop his hands but he never did. Cotto was almost Clottey like with the way he maintained that high guard. Cotto was reluctant to throw until he had Floyd up against the ropes. I know this was most likely due to fear of being countered by Floyd. A more agressive Cotto gets hit more and hit easier but he needed to throw more to win. Floyd just doesn't seem to be the same fighter above WW. It was a very weird fight, it wasn't what I expected.

Comment

• All I know is Pacquaio destroyed cotto, mayweather just outpointed him. With that said floyd beats manny.
      Last edited by street bully; 05-06-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        He looked a bit off to me last night. Floyd is a notoriously hard and dilligent trainer and its probably wearing on him now. It comes to all fighters its just a matter of time. Its not down to punishment taken as is the case with many other fighters, but he is definitely slowing down.

Floyd is an extraordinary fighter and even at this stage he has more than enough about him to remain around the top, but if he keeps fighting on for much longer he will get beaten.
        Great post I agree 100%.

Comment

• Great Performance by both men PBF/Cotto...Now what

I was extremely happy with this fight, I am an All out Cotto guy and i was proud of his effort and i was extremely impressed with PBF, i think if Floyd were to fight opposition like this more often and make the fights exciting like he did then he'd be a huge fan favorite as opposed to a guy people love to hate. But regardless he makes $ and i know thyats his main priority. But now what do you think is the next move for each fighter? Obvi PBF is out 3 months and Miguel will rest a while, by no means did this performance hurt Miguel as an attraction and as a fighter as he gave it his all and gave May the best fight ive ever seen him in inb the last 10 years. Who do you think each should take on next?

Comment

• Its par for the course , Floyd has cut down the punch rate of every fighter he has ever fought .

Comment

• If Cotto dropped his hands and attempted to throw more; he would have got a lot more of these:

Comment

• First thing that came to my mind was Clottey. I was waiting the whole time for Miguel to drop his guard, but it didn't happen until he started tiring late. I guess Mayweather found an opening when he started whacking him with left uppercuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdei47 View Post
                  Good post, but I hope people understand that this fight took place at 154 and not at some catchweight....... Pacroid fans can talk all they want about this fight but pacroid turned down another legitimate challenge to fight Cotto for another freaking catchweight. Pacroid fans show ask their hero why he can't fight his opponents at the same weight instead of hiding behind a catchweight.....
                  What catchweight Pacquaio said 147, that is not a catchweight. You hinestly think cotto would win against Pacquaio when he already got stopped and embarassed almost three years ago.

Comment

• Floyd looked good but Cotto was good enough to catch him and throw him off his game.

Comment

• floyd was hurting him though. im not talking about the last round either im talking all night floyds punches did more damage to cotto than cottos did to floyd.

as a result miguel had to box more than i think he planned to and could only let combinations go when he had floyd in a defensive posture like against the ropes. floyd is so fast, accurate and clever cotto had to be careful in the centre of the ring.

cotto barely made it past the finish line too so id say he conserved just about the right amount of energy.

Comment

Working...
                      X