Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn VS Gerald Mcclellan revisited.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saint Anus View Post
    If u watch the fight, Benn is up by the count of 6, and the ref only stops McClellan for maybe 2 seconds before they continue.

According to the rules, a boxer is allowed 20 seconds if he is knocked through the ropes to get back in the ring.

Benn has never been to prison.

If u watch the replay its Benns hair that gets into McClellans eyes. They really didnt bash heads at all.
    McClellan by that time was exhausted and takes a knee. But not because he is hurt.

Benn held a big fund raiser for McClellan a few years ago that was attended by Benn, McClellan, Toney, Barkley, Steve Collins Hamed and Tyson couldnt make it because he was in rehab. Ali sent a letter.
    I dont know how much they raised.
    Thanks for correcting me.

Damn never believe ten year olds stories lol.

I think it was my friends brother who was 13 at the time.

Should have done that research for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pension-Killer View Post
      The ref was crooked as hell (french ref), jumping in the way for no reason, but Benn is allowed 20 secs to return inside if anyone mentions that.
      GTFO! Benn took all that McClellan had to throw at him and handed the American his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by NO FEAR View Post
        GTFO! Benn took all that McClellan had to throw at him and handed the American his ass.
        The ref was crooked.

I'm a fan of Benn, but watch it again.

How can you jump in and stop the fight in the centre of the ring?

And I made a point that Benn is allowed 20 secs to get back in.

Comment

Explain that part?

Comment

Originally posted by NO FEAR View Post
            Explain that part?
            3.46 the ref gave Benn 2 secs of extra time IMO
            4.05 Benn was holding and the ref was looking at Mccellen when he stopped it
            4.31 too much time again. Stopping them ASAP with any holding at all
            At 4.47 Benn holds after coming back with a nice left hook. Ref let’s it go on
            4.58 no need to stop at all

Those Breaks were unessecary

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Anus View Post
              If u watch the fight, Benn is up by the count of 6, and the ref only stops McClellan for maybe 2 seconds before they continue.

According to the rules, a boxer is allowed 20 seconds if he is knocked through the ropes to get back in the ring.

Benn has never been to prison.

If u watch the replay its Benns hair that gets into McClellans eyes. They really didnt bash heads at all.
              McClellan by that time was exhausted and takes a knee. But not because he is hurt.

Benn held a big fund raiser for McClellan a few years ago that was attended by Benn, McClellan, Toney, Barkley, Steve Collins Hamed and Tyson couldnt make it because he was in rehab. Ali sent a letter.
              I dont know how much they raised.
              Haven't seen the fight in years, you might be right gonna watch it again. Brutal fight but knowing the ending makes me not want to watch it

Comment

No question the ref was a fussy twat.

But i dont take anything away from benns win because of the ref. He took punches he shouldnt have been able to take.

Comment

This is the saddest thing to watch....the ref let Benn get away with alot of punches behind the head. This is one of the most tragic nights in boxing

Comment

The ref was crooked.

I'm a fan of Benn, but watch it again.

And I made a point that Benn is allowed 20 secs to get back in.

The ref was crap no doubt. Everytime you fight away it seems you are battling the ref BUT like Frazier/Ali I Benn just wouldnt be denied imo.

Also the first knock down the ref was way too slow Benn could have got hurt taking shots like that when you are down and defenceless.

Comment

Working...
                    X