Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite up-and-coming heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty unremarkable up-and-coming list tbh.

Mitchell - Entertaining style, glass jaw.
    Wilder - Fights MW's.
    Helenius - Lost to Chisora, looked unimpressive next time out against random American can.
    Pulev - Only seen one fight, was forgettable.
    Price - Decent tools, potential glass jaw, fought nobody.
    Szpilka - Not seen.
    Jennings - Not seen.
    Glazkov - Not seen.
    Fury - Glass jaw, 2-fight-southpaw, out-of-shape.

I like Fury.

Comment

I like them all TBH but I picked Bryant Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosser Hughes View Post

Wilder - Fights MW's.
        Helenius - Lost to Chisora, looked unimpressive next time out against random American can.
        Szpilka - Not seen.
        Jennings - Not seen.
        Glazkov - Not seen.

I like Fury.
        I've heard a few people say Fury has a glass chin, I don't think he does. I think he has a good chin but he has been open for clean shots in his career. Any clean shot from a heavywieght is gonna have a big effect.

Comment

I voted Mitchell, Wilder and Jennings but my favorite one out of all is Mitchell.

Eh... Mitchell has a glass jaw?

Comment

Helenius and Boystov

Comment

Originally posted by Yosser Hughes View Post

Wilder - Fights MW's.
              Szpilka - Not seen.
              Jennings - Not seen.
              Glazkov - Not seen.

I like Fury.
              actually sounds like you have not watched enough of these guys fights to make an opinion. mitchell got hit hard by chazz witherspoon & held up to comeback & win. he took witherspoon lightly. one thing chazz has is good power & mitchell learned a hard lesson by thinking he could walk through every heavyweights punch. he had the ring intelligence to hang on until he cleared his head & then he went to work & scored the knockout. saying he has a glass jaw is pretty weak. he learned a valuable lesson & i think he now understands the importance of defence.

Comment

I would say Price, but he's way too inactive. He's been matched-up against garbage opposition, too.

The latter can be applied to Fury, also; but he's still young and needs to develop before being thrown in against a Top 10 HW. That doesn't mean he should continue to fight cruiser-weights, though.

Comment

Seth..........

Comment

I like Wilder he might never turn out but he will be fun to watch because either he will hurt guys and knock them out or get knocked out himself. He has a lot of tools though.

I like Jennings also but to me while he has nice skill and is more polished than Wilder he just doesn't have the stopping power, he could possibly learn how sit down on his punches a bit better but I don't think he will ever have that real eraser. That is important at heavy.

Mitchell I need to see how he responds to the Witherspoon fight, he seems tough and athletic but he needs to tighten up his game if he has continued to work hard on that he could possibly be something.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosser Hughes

Wilder - Fights MW's.
                      Szpilka - Not seen.
                      Jennings - Not seen.
                      Glazkov - Not seen.

I like Fury.

actually sounds like you have not watched enough of these guys fights to make an opinion. mitchell got hit hard by chazz witherspoon & held up to comeback & win. he took witherspoon lightly. one thing chazz has is good power & mitchell learned a hard lesson by thinking he could walk through every heavyweights punch. he had the ring intelligence to hang on until he cleared his head & then he went to work & scored the knockout. saying he has a glass jaw is pretty weak. he learned a valuable lesson & i think he now understands the importance of defence.
                      People are so quick to call fighters china chin or glass jaw. Its ridiculous. If you don't like the guy just keep it real and say you don't like him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X