No announcement yet.

Who's the most boring P4P #1 EVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins for me

Pea and Floyd were defensive fighters but Hopkins clinches to much, he's a smart fighter and probably the best fighter of the era but his style is not for me

Comment

mayweather

Comment

I would have to say Hopkins. Hopkins fights with Joppy,Holmes have to be two of the most horrible fights ive have ever seen, but not just because they were boring, but because they were ugly to watch too there was lots of holding and hitting grappling and not much action at all.

Hopkins fight with Taylor,Tarver were sleep fests too. Hopkins fight with Eastman ZZZ.

Hopkins fights with Robert Allen messy and disjointed.

Hopkins fight with J D Jackson messy and disjointed

I appreciate the subtle stuff Nard does, but i aint about to pretend he is exciting, because he aint. Hopkins fights with Mercado were very entertaining as was his performance against Simon Brown,Glen Johnson,Frank but apart from that he has mostly been boring to watch

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          Well the rematch was boring because of both. Forrest grabbed too much, and Shane was too cautious, because he was scared of getting crushed with another huge right hand like the first fight.

The first was fairly entertaining to me, although it was not close at all. Forrest had a killer instinct in the first one... he certainly didn't make that one boring.
          Agreed

Also Shane changed tactics and that made Forrest change up because early on Mosley was having some success. Forrest changed up midway through and made Mosley come to him but that meant he had to play the waiting game and that is why the fight looked a bit boring too i would say.

The first fight there was just too much holding from Forrest from my point of view anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            I would have to say Hopkins. Hopkins fights with Joppy,Holmes have to be two of the most horrible fights ive have ever seen, but not just because they were boring, but because they were ugly to watch too there was lots of holding and hitting grappling and not much action at all.

Hopkins fight with Taylor,Tarver were sleep fests too. Hopkins fight with Eastman ZZZ.

Hopkins fights with Robert Allen messy and disjointed.

Hopkins fight with J D Jackson messy and disjointed

I appreciate the subtle stuff Nard does, but i aint about to pretend he is exciting, because he aint. Hopkins fights with Mercado were very entertaining as was his performance against Simon Brown,Glen Johnson,Frank but apart from that he has mostly been boring to watch
            Weird... I actually found the Tarver fight to be pretty okay. Hopkins got pretty violent with Tarver during some parts of it.

Other than that... yeah, a lot of Hopkins's fights are just dreadful to watch.

Comment

The "B" in B-Hop stands for "BORING"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                The "B" in B-Hop stands for "BORING"
                hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Hopkins at the time he was ranked number 1 p4p by the Ring Magazine was horrible to watch.

Even a 43 year old Hopkins is more interesting to watch than the Hopkins who fought Joppy, Eastman, Taylor...

Comment

Mayweather wasnt boring at the lower weights. He got less and less active when he moved up unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Jew View Post
                      Mayweather wasnt boring at the lower weights. He got less and less active when he moved up unfortunately.
                      Is this Mayweather's excuse for being boring? because there are a lot of fighters who moved up in weight and never became boring.

Comment

Working...
                      X