No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: On Golovkin vs Jacobs "Strong chance it will be on HBO PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
    they have roman gonzalez who has been on golovkin undercards several times before.they could put on the gonzalez vs cuadras rematch as the co feature.
    we'll see.

One thing's clear, though; K2 are finally putting their nuts on the table, in terms of the bout and the actual promotion.

If Golovkin can't deliver a big number (for a legit fight, in the NYC market, with the weight of HBO behind him), Alvarez's offer is going to go down from that $10m, significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      HBO doesn't have the budget to afford it. Of course its on PPV. Fat Dan should know this.
      It'll be at the beginning of the year. How can they not be able to afford it?

As far as this fight goes being on PPV, this is bull****. Another PPV I won't be buying.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        It'll be at the beginning of the year. How can they not be able to afford it?

As far as this fight goes being on PPV, this is bull****. Another PPV I won't be buying.
        It's all about value for money. $5 mil is a lot of money for a fight that probably still wouldn't break 2 mil viewers on regular HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That's ****ing ******ed. Though if they put the Gonzalez-Cuadras rematch on the card I might buy it. No way is the main event PPV worthy, though.
          So it's not PPV worthy but you would consider buying it? No wonder they keep putting all kinds of **** on PPV. Cause apparently people will buy anything.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            mr 97k about to become mr 98k!

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            pbc fanboys and their free handout boxing. real men buy their boxing. this is an elite club. only 97k people are invited

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            That'd be good. My problem is even though that's someone I'd want to see, it more than likely won't be anything other than an exhibition match. Gone are the days when the undercard fights had some significance to them just like the main fight. I want the whole card to be competitive and have some meaning to the fights.

Haha yeah it is. It'll probably be a disappointing card to say the least.
            Yea. I remember a certain fighter that used to stack his undercards with good fights.......But he killed boxing. He was horrible for the sport. More people watching is horrible for the sport.

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
            Ok, ret@rds. Here's your chance to get Jacobs that $3mil payday you've been crying that he deserves.
            We all know you won't though.
            And here's a chance for GGG to prove he's worth more than $10 mil. to Canelo. All sides get what they want

Comment

I enjoyed Gonzalez-Cuadras but I don't see how that really adds buys, it adds some value but those people would already be buying the fight most likely very few would it tip over the edge. Same with Uysk except he is even less known. People would not feel ripped off but I don't know how it does anything other than hurt the bottom line.

I guess it could work if the 4th fight including a decent Mexican perhaps against another Mexican (or Mexican American) and they use Gonzalez, Cuadras and those other 2 fighters of Mexican decent to push the fight on Spanish language television, then entice Steve Cunningham to fight Usyk then that fight is also salable to a US audience.

Comment

Eazy choice 4 me... I'll watch HBO on demand.
                (Santa Cruz Vs. Frampton 2 FTW)

Comment

Dang! wrong thread... but yeah I'm not buying dis bull'ish...

Comment

this forum is hilarious.

"First everyone wants the fight and then no one is buying because it is ****"

Which one is it?

Comment

These fools don't learn, do they?

We'll just find a stream or a FB LIVE, we won't pay for OK fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X