No announcement yet.

Define the distinction between the hardcore vs armchair fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Define the distinction between the hardcore vs armchair fans

I'd be interested to you hear your sentiments.

name all the japan world champs right now without googling it?

if you cant you are a armchair fan

Comment

Hardcode fans can accept when a fighter loses. An armchair fan will claim the fighter that lost was always a bum and will never amount to anything. Armchair fans are slightly above casual, as they are a bit more knowledgeable, however they ridicule as much as they can at anytime.

Comment

Armchair fans tend to be patriotic fans.

Comment

A proper fan means you've been to shows where the capacity is less than a 1,000

Comment

I think you mean the difference between a hardcore and a casual fan.

An armchair fan can be both but he'll usually be the one calling fighters "cowards" even though he has never put on a glove in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by freethinkersam View Post
              I'd be interested to you hear your sentiments.
              Good question. I would say that hardcore fans are the ones that follow boxing regularly or, dare I say, religiously. They are the ones who will watch virtually all if not all boxing matches that come on television and also attend live events when they can. Many of them have been following boxing for 10, 20 or even 30 or more years. After a while, they start to become knowledgeable about boxing and are able to identify styles, skills and behaviors that even so-called experts and television commentators don't notice. For example, Manny Pacquaio has a habit of dropping his left hand to his side when he throws his right hand. That is how he got KO'd by Marquez.

Casual fans are the ones who only watch boxing when a major event like Mayweather/Pacquaio, Mayweather/Alvarez or Mayweather/De La Hoya comes on television. They act like experts, but it is obvious that they are nothing more than Superbowl fans (those who only watch pro football when the Superbowl comes on). Some of these casual fans are the very ones that go on television acting like experts, like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless.

Comment

If you can't name all 4 straweight title holders you are an armchair fan

Comment

Casual Fan = 90% of ticket & ppv buyers...

Hardcore Fan = 10% of ticket & ppv buyers...

Most people who watch boxing ARE NOT fanatics...they usually only know a handful of fighters by face & even fewer by name...they watch because it's a combat sport & we as humans beings love that ****...Boxing has a rich & storied past that carries over to present time as well...many folks can't seem to shake the nostalgic aspect either...they speak of the good ole days, crap on the current state of affairs in the sport, swear to never watch another fight as long as they live yet seem to tune in whenever there is a big fight on...

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                    A proper fan means you've been to shows where the capacity is less than a 1,000
                    thank you. just went to the Mike Perez fight last Thursday at the hangar in Orange county. maybe 300 people were there.

my definition of an armchair fan is the one that's too loyal to a fighter or style. one that's quick to call someone a coward, a quitter or thinking they could've done 'this' instead of what the fighter did as if its that easy

the hardcore fan is knowledgeable. They actually understand the simplicity of styles making fights. they critique without acting as if either fighter is a bum or what have you. They follow the sport from as early as the golden glove time of a fighter or are quick to know about a certain guy once they've turned pro.

Comment

Working...
                    X