Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lucas Matthysse versus Vivian Harris fight is one of the most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight proves to me Matthyse can be damaged.. Garcia have better timing than Harris. Harris really made Matthyse skin look like puddy that a small child shaped up in to a ball.. His other eye was closing too, the ref saved him. Who's reffing the Garcia-Matthyse fight?

Comment

Guys! Guys!
      I think Frank Ducketts is on to something after all.
      Look at this fight, Matthysse-Morales. Esteban Morales from Colombia clearly wants to keep fighting but the ref. (Argentine, so he favos MAtthysse) ends the fight. If you look at 1:36, Morales is waving his glove as if "Hey Lucas, the fight is still on!"
      Look! They have to hold the Colombian guy from going after Matthysse again, force him to sit down.

Crystal clear, another fight stopped just to favor Matthysse.

Comment

The fact that Matthysse can be hit is what makes this fight so compelling. Both fighters have a real shot at winning. Alot of people act like Lucas is unbeatable but I believe 2 to 3 clean shots on the chin and he'd go down. The same goes for Danny.

Comment

I'll say it even though most haters will dismiss it anyways, but Matthysse isn't the same fighter now as in 2010, or even 2011. He has improved since the Alexander fight. He fights in a way that let's his best assets shine.

Now was this a bad stoppage? Yes, horrible. Harris was hurt, but he didn't appear to be taking so much damage in that rd or that Flurry to even come close to justifying a stoppage.

People are overstating how bad his eye was though, saying one was completely shut, and the other almost shut. What? His bad idea wasn't even all the way shut. You can see him blinking it, and clearly see his eye during the interview. The other eye had slight swelling on the upper lid.

In no other fight has Matthysse shown to be easily damaged. His defense has improved, and we will see on Sep. 14th who the better man is.

Comment

that was pretty bad.. there was no justification for stopping the fight like that.

Looks like a fix.

Comment

They robbed Vivian

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                This fight proves to me Matthyse can be damaged.. Garcia have better timing than Harris. Harris really made Matthyse skin look like puddy that a small child shaped up in to a ball.. His other eye was closing too, the ref saved him. Who's reffing the Garcia-Matthyse fight?
                Has there ever been a fighter that can not be damaged ?? If you guys are looking for something to "criticize" Lucas I give you a present: he didn't knock down every opponent he faced. The exception is Carlos Adán Pérez, who lost to Lucas on points in Junín in December 2008 (Look at the end of the article)

Comment

The owner of this thread has some crazy rep considering the amount of hate he gets for being completely numb lol

Comment

Indeed a very bad stoppage could have given Harris the chance to bounce back......don't see what Matty's eye has to do with anything here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Indeed a very bad stoppage could have given Harris the chance to bounce back......don't see what Matty's eye has to do with anything here though.
                      His eye closed fast, and the other eye was starting to swell.

Comment

Working...
                      X