No announcement yet.

Can Khan be the next Brit to beat an old legend to secure his HOF credentials

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    What is annoying me Silencers is i know how poorly Boxing is covered in Britain in the main stream media. The general public with view Khan as something he isn't if he beats MAB. MAB's stock will fall and too.

Who is to say Barrera cant get stopped by Khan? Khan might not be a HUGE hitter, but he has accuracy and speed that the old guy might not see coming and we all know which punches do more damage, the ones that you dont see coming.
    Definitely, the Khan hype will be back to full force if he manages to beat Barrera, never mind stopping him. Barrera's stock should be OK though, it'll just prove that he doesn't belong in the ring anymore, I don't think it'll be looked upon too harshly in a few years' time if he does indeed lose.

Of course he can, he has the speed, the power, the youth, the size and the trainer to stop Barrera but if Barrera has even 50% of his skills and power left, he will stop Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bully View Post
      All the way up until this point people have been complaining how Khan has only been fighting bums, Barrera is a HUGE step up in class, even if he perhaps hasnt got the stamina or speed anymore, he has the wealth of ring experience, a rediculously durable granite chin and knockout power etc. It wasnt that long ago that he took the current P4P number one and JMM full 12 rounds.

A year ago, people pretty much already knew the outcome of Khans fights, now against barrera its generally split 50/50 on who will win.

Khan's given us what we want, a step up in class. Give him a break

If Khan was a champion and he took barrera as a title defense instead of a young good mandatory then it would be a different story. But this is the second fight after his first defeat.
      Excellent post. Cant fault Amir for his ambition and willingness to mix it up.

Comment

Working...
      X