No announcement yet.

Jacob's W over Quillin better than any W on GGGs resume @160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
    Only real warriors ask for a rematch in a fight that got caught cold in. Qullin has admitted on several occasions he's not a real warrior and a *****.

Anyone who gives this fat, lazy cow praise shouldn't be taken seriously.

Best win, what a joke.
    You would in the same breath say that GGG beats Kessler because Kessler fought bums.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Quillin never beat anyone besides N'Dam, and looked average doing so. He looked awful in a suspect win over Rosado, He couldn't beat Andy Lee. He fought garbage opposition other than that. He was, is, and apparently always will be highly overrated.

I don't know why people keep propping Quillin up as some remarkable win. His accomplishments are the same as Lemieux's. They don't come close to Geale's. He never beat an established middleweight champ like Sturm the way Macklin did. He doesn't even have the valiant losses that Murray does. Jacobs's win over Quillin is absolutely not better than any of Golovkin's top 3-5 wins.
      green K

Quillin is Jacobs' best win, but that goes to show a lack of opposition on his end. PQ was always fools gold and I correctly called that out years ago, even before he fought Rosado.

also, Quillin should not be referred to as "Kid Chocolate" he can't hold a candle to the OG Kid Choc and it's an insult to the Cuban all-time great

Comment

Quillin never beat anyone besides N'Dam, and looked average doing so. He looked awful in a suspect win over Rosado, He couldn't beat Andy Lee. He fought garbage opposition other than that. He was, is, and apparently always will be highly overrated.

I don't know SAB
        ftfy

Taking Quillens 0 > Macklin, Geale etc

GGG is great but saying that his wins are better than taking Quillens 0 is just nonsense.

Id even go as far as saying Jacobs has been in with better fighters as Pirog is also better than anyone on GGs resume. Thats 2 undefeated, prime fighters on Jacobs resume compared to Gennadys..?

Good topic OP.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
          You would in the same breath say that GGG beats Kessler because Kessler fought bums.
          I would favor Golovkin because Kessler never proved his worth against a fighter as talented as Golovkin.

But to compare Quillin to Kessler is an insult to the Dane. Kessler was welled schooled and had good power.

Quillin is not well schooled with good power.

Kessler had the hunger to be the best in boxing, that's why he fought the #1 fighter in his division in a unification fight.

Quillin only has the hunger for more food, that's why he made several excuses on why he couldn't fight Golovkin while fighting very weak competition like Zarafa and Suthosky (who?). And most of the time he looked like **** doing so.

You don't get extra credit for being a promising fighter, you actually have to prove something, that's Quillin's career in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            ftfy

Taking Quillens 0 > Macklin, Geale etc

GGG is great but saying that his wins are better than taking Quillens 0 is just nonsense.

Id even go as far as saying Jacobs has been in with better fighters as Pirog is also better than anyone on GGs resume. Thats 2 undefeated, prime fighters on Jacobs resume compared to Gennadys..?

Good topic OP.
            How does taking a 0 matter if the guy you take the 0 from never beat anyone or did anything? That's what I don't understand about saying Quillin is this great win. He never did anything or beat anyone. His best win is Lemieux's best win. He looked terrible against everyone he fought, even the awful Salka-level fighters he beat. He never, EVER showed in the ring that he was better than Geale, Macklin, Lemieux, or Murray. Hell, he couldn't even prove he was better than Rosado when they fought.

You really think the 0 makes Quillin that good, regardless of his competition? I don't understand that at all. It's the exact attitude that drives hype jobs like Quillin to fight no one, because they can keep the 0 and pretend they're good.

Comment

How does taking a 0 matter if the guy you take the 0 from never beat anyone or did anything? That's what I don't understand about saying Quillin is this great win. He never did anything or beat anyone. His best win is Lemieux's best win. He looked terrible against everyone he fought, even the awful Salka-level fighters he beat. He never, EVER showed in the ring that he was better than Geale, Macklin, Lemieux, or Murray. Hell, he couldn't even prove he was better than Rosado when they fought.

You really think the 0 makes Quillin that good, regardless of his competition? I don't understand that at all. It's the exact attitude that drives hype jobs like Quillin to fight no one, because they can keep the 0 and pretend they're good.
              Context matters.

Saying something like " he didnt do anything, he didnt beat anyone" isnt enough to take your critique serious. Matter of fact it sounds as ridiculous as the Canelo fanboys talking about GG.

Peter Quillen has the same type of resume as GGG so again, ill go with ydksab.

Comment

Context matters.

Saying something like " he didnt do anything, he didnt beat anyone" isnt enough to take your critique serious. Matter of fact it sounds as ridiculous as the Canelo fanboys talking about GG.

Funny you say that...

I don't see any credible wins on Quillin's resume beside N'dam and a washed up Winky Wright (who promptly retired afterwards)

but that's the same as stopping Geale, Murray, Macklin, Lemieux, Brook, Proksa, Stevens, Rosado....

WRONG

ydksab

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                  Funny you say that...

I don't see any credible wins on Quillin's resume beside N'dam and a washed up Winky Wright (who promptly retired afterwards)

but that's the same as stopping Geale, Murray, Macklin, Lemieux, Brook, Proksa, Stevens, Rosado....

WRONG

ydksab
                  Its comparable because Quillen was ranked #2 after GG. I didnt say his resume was better, I said theyre comparable. The names you listed are just a hair better than Quillens resume, which is why GG was ranked 1 and Quillen ranked 2.

You can keep going and prove how ****ing ******ed you are but you may as well stop now son.

Comment

Context matters.

Come on, there's no way you believe that Quillin's resume is anywhere close to Golovkin's. There's no way you actually believe that. And I didn't just say "he didn't beat anyone," I gave specific examples of who he did and did not beat to prove it.

If you're just trolling because you think I'm some Golovkin nuthugger, just tell me now and I'll stop bothering with this, because I can't think of any other reason you'd say that.

Comment

Its comparable because Quillen was ranked #2 after GG. I didnt say his resume was better, I said theyre comparable. The names you listed are just a hair better than Quillens resume, which is why GG was ranked 1 and Quillen ranked 2.

You can keep going and prove how ****ing ******ed you are but you may as well stop now son.
                      Boy stop. First off, rankings are not generated just off a guy's resume, other factors come into account.

Second, you are the one who said

Peter Quillen has the same type of resume as GGG
                      and all I can do is respond to what you said, not what you think you meant. So I broke the names down for you. Their resumes are nothing alike.

Comment

Working...
                      X