Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin, Ramirez Ridicule Canelo Over Vacating WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    I don't get why people are trashing Canelo for vacating the WBC title.

He didn't like WBC's deadline, which is understandable
    He wasn't a legit middleweight champion anyway
    He may still fight Golovkin. He never said "I won't fight him"
    Canelo-GGG is a megafight, they don't need to have any belts at stake

What if Canelo doesn't want fo face Golovkin right away? Does he absolutely have to fight him next? He might want to have a fight at the full middleweight limit against a real middleweight contender like Lemieux.
    Pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic excuses!

If Canelo wanted to fight a middleweight like Lemieoux first then he wouldn't have fought Amir Khan, yeah, there goes that excuse, right out the window.

Don't need to fight for the belt? Don't need deadlines? Lol! Canelo knew the situation even before he fought Cotto, it was explained to him in detail, and was even given a further extention when GGG agreed to take step aside so that he can fight a voluntary before having the mandatory enforced.

You guys are so transparent. Damn! I've seen denial in movies and always thought it was exaggerated, damn, looks like it's even worse in real life. You guys are so deep in denial mode right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      With majority vote and WBC sole discretion Split. 60-40, 55/45, and exceptional circumstances 50-50.
      Which are variations on the challenger split. This would maybe have been the case had Canelo been the challenger, or if Floyd challenges Garcia for his belt. There are no rules which benefit the champion - to prevent the need for purse bids

Any split regarding interim champions explicitly was removed last year

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        Canelo just made an ass out of himself
        Yes he did! Very hard to be a Canelo fan right now.

SMH he just lost like 70% of his fans. If not more. I won't even go into a Mexican bar right now with any of his clothing line on. He's hated really bad in the Mexican community right now...

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

floyd imo was absolutely correct:

"Here's the Manny Pacquiao story. Manny Pacquiao was at welterweight. He lost to Timothy Bradley, no matter how you cut it, how you slice it, he lost to Timothy Bradley. He got knocked out by Marquez. He came back and went the distance with a lightweight. And now all of a sudden, he's the mandatory for my title,"
          What's the emoticon for?

I agree with Floyd and was responding to the poster that I quoted.

Also, pointing out how Pacquiao attained his mandatory status by doing what he did is similar to Golovkin beating Marco Antonio Rubio for the vacant interim WBC belt for his spot.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Which are variations on the challenger split. This would maybe have been the case had Canelo been the challenger, or if Floyd challenges Garcia for his belt. There are no rules which benefit the champion - to prevent the need for purse bids

Any split regarding interim champions explicitly was removed last year
            Yeah I saw that! I was looking at the 2009 rules. My bad. I don't know WTF Canelo is doing. He would of got 70/30. I don't understand this move at all???

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              is andre ward a mw?
              Were Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr middleweights? No, but GGG said he was willing to go up to 168 to fight them.

When it came to to Andre Ward it was he doesn't make financial sense. Also "164 or no fight."

The fact is Canelo took a risk even against a low popularity guy. Golovkin has yet to take such a risk.

Comment

Damn.....:bbb

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  They brought superior skill! 90% of ALL real boxing fans P4P list is pretty much the same except moved around a little. If you think for 1 minute Wade or Monroe is better then Ward or Lara I question your boxing IQ. And frankly will ignore it as spam.
                  Boxing IQ has nothing to do with it. I never said Wade or Monroe were in the same class as Ward or Lara. But Ward or Lara were nowhere to be found when he fought Monroe. (Ward had his first fight in 18 months and would pull out of a fight a couple of weeks later. And Lara never made an offer to GGG). Where were they besides Twitter and the LA times negotiating a fight with Golovkin between the Monroe fight and The Lemeuix fight? In a boardroom? Agents or management call a meeting? Because if it wasn't Lemeuix it was going to be Andy Lee or Cotto why? BECAUSE THEY HAD MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE BELTS. And Wade was his mandatory so he had no choice but to fight him. There is no consensus on P4P otherwise Roman Gonzalez would be top of everyone's list. You may wonder about my boxing IQ. I wonder about your IQ in general.

Comment

This is NOT a good look for Nelo.....can't give him credit for icing AK when dudes like Swift and Prescott ended his night earlier...now he's ducking his boogeyman....personally I think Nelo would give Lil G that work....but the kid and his peeps must think differently

Comment

alvared said that he don't phuck around and then this

Comment

Working...
                      X