Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: No Chance I'd Go To 155, 156, 158 For Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
    He will. It is all posturing right now. By all accounts, Golovkin eats well during his training camps and doesn't have to struggle at all to make weight. I'm sure he will gladly fight at 158....even though i hate catchweights, this is the right move. the two choices would be fight someone like Tureano Johnson at 160 for 1 million or fight canelo or cotto for 5+ million at 158 with a good chance at becoming the face of boxing with a victory. It's an easy choice.
    ... Well... You're sure he (GGG) would gladly fight Canelo at 158 -- you're not alone here, because it's obvious that he would...
    ... The actual problem is that the very idea that Canelo would agree to fight GGG at all (in 2016) seems highly questionable...

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Canelo went down and agreed to 152 vs floyd because he dared to be great. And canelo was the champ at 154. He said let's just make the fight happen
      Wut?

23 year old Canelo shed 2 lbs to fight Mayweather, while in the article you're replying to, Golovkin says he will shed 6 lbs at the age of 34.

A+ for hate, F- for brains.

Comment

• golovkin isn't going back to ppv without a significant dance partner. 150k ppvs aren't going to cut it, and i think people will stop buying the fights after hearing the numbers [crazy as that sounds, it does matter to people.]

unless he wants to take a paycut he's going to end up dropping a few lbs to make a fight with canelo. i don't think cotto fights him either way.

he can probably go back to the willie monroe jr's of the world on HBO. they like him that much. he will have to take a pay cut, however, from his purse against lemiuex on ppv.

i think these two end up fighting. dropping a few lbs for a bigger fight against a smaller guy that you'll beat is better than going to 168 and losing to the only big name in the division, andre ward.

Comment

• 70/30 with Canelo or Cotto will make him more that he has made and will ever make in his career. He yet again is eating his words. This man at one time said he would fight anyone from 154-168.

Ward- he ran from not enough money.

Cotto and Canelo- no he says this.

His management team are not helping this guy out.

Comment

• GGG letting Canelo know the deal.

I have a feeling he is considering a move to 168 after unifying at 160, but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              golovkin isn't going back to ppv without a significant dance partner. 150k ppvs aren't going to cut it, and i think people will stop buying the fights after hearing the numbers [crazy as that sounds, it does matter to people.]

unless he wants to take a paycut he's going to end up dropping a few lbs to make a fight with canelo. i don't think cotto fights him either way.

he can probably go back to the willie monroe jr's of the world on HBO. they like him that much. he will have to take a pay cut, however, from his purse against lemiuex on ppv.

i think these two end up fighting. dropping a few lbs for a bigger fight against a smaller guy that you'll beat is better than going to 168 and losing to the only big name in the division, andre ward.
              Talking about Ward at 168 like he made that weight yesterday or something. It's been 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
                70/30 with Canelo or Cotto will make him more that he has made and will ever make in his career. He yet again is eating his words. This man at one time said he would fight anyone from 154-168.

Ward- he ran from not enough money.

Cotto and Canelo- no he says this.

His management team are not helping this guy out.
                actually, what Abel said was that GGG could BEAT anyone from 154-168. That doesnt mean that every single fight between 154-168 is makeable though.

I happen to agree with Abel that currently nobody between 154-168 could beat GGG. Thats just my opinion. And it certainly doesnt mean that GGG should concede every negotiating point up front to every other fighter, based on what was offered to another fighter. Like the "well he'd come to 154 for Floyd so therefore he should come to 155 for Canelo doe", or the famous "he agreed 168 for Froch and Chavez so Ward should get same deal doe". These idiots cant comprehend that every single fight has its own set of negotiations, based on the economic leverage of the individual fighters. Floyd has more leverage than Canelo, and Froch/Chavez had more leverage than Ward.

Its not rocket science
                Last edited by OnePunch; 11-03-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  actually, what Abel said was that GGG could BEAT anyone from 154-168. That doesnt mean that every single fight between 154-168 is makeable though.

I happen to agree with Abel that currently nobody between 154-168 could beat GGG. Thats just my opinion. And it certainly doesnt mean that GGG should concede every negotiating point up front to every other fighter, based on what was offered to another fighter. Like the "well he'd come to 154 for Floyd so therefore he should come to 155 for Canelo doe", or the famous "he agreed 168 for Froch and Chavez so Ward should get same deal doe". These idiots cant comprehend that every single fight has its own set of negotiations, based on the economic leverage of the individual fighters. Floyd has more leverage than Canelo, and Froch/Chavez had more leverage than Ward.

Its not rocket science

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    Really, did you even bother to read the ****ing quote.

He didn't say I'm a SMW.

He said he is only willing to fight at 160, 168, unless it's for Floyd, who is the best.

What is Canelo happy about.

GGG like, What's that, I'm taking your belt you ***** ass *****, you'll never gonna man up and stop pretending you're not a MW.

Canelo wants GGG to say I don't want to fight Canelo.

GGG is just gonna take Canelo's belt and his balls, be be done with it.

That divas ass ***** doesn't need those balls anyways.
                    oh I'm sorry let me know when you do that resume comparison with IMDAZED then I'll respond.

Comment

• A fight with a Canelo who is coming off a Cotto win would get around 1.5 million buys, possibly more. That means a huge purse for both boxers.

In the current middleweight division it will take GGG years to make what he would for that one fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X