Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    people on here won't admit it but Roy was too fast at 160, 168, or 175. He beats anyone at least 7/10 and I thin the only guys who would even get 7/10 odds are Monzon and Hopkins
    I'm still a believer that Andre Ward beats Roy at 168 more times than not.

at 160 LaMotta, SRR, and Greb are huge obstacles.

Edit: Add in the stint of Ezzard Charles and Charley Burley and you got yourself quite a big problem for Jones. Just saying.
    Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 05-05-2014, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Roy Jones was very fast but guys like Robinson and even Hagler were also very fast in their own time. There was a time in Hagler's earlier defenses that he seemed to be in another dimension than the top contenders. It is easy to make comparisons but highly inaccurate because these comparisons are made on how they performed against different fighters.
      Last edited by TBear; 05-05-2014, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• RJJ had very limited opponents at 160-175 throughout his prime, how would he have done against the likes of Benn and Eubank in his own era? Like RJJ said, Eubank would have given him the most problems.

Benn had the power and speed of his own to touch JOnes' chin, none of the guys RJJ actually fought, could do that to him. Eubank was awkward unorthodox and possessed power of his own.

If you go back further in time, Hagler had that in ring IQ, terrific ring generalship and ofc, the trump card, power. I think he'd be open for RJJs punches and Superman could possibly outbox him down the stretch as Haglers footwork could often be flat footed at times.

Then there's the likes of Robinson, who had great speed, an immense chin, I think he could take RJJ out. There's just so many names leagues above anybody that RJJ fought that it'd hard to not see him losing at least once or twice.

Comment

Working...
        X