No announcement yet.

people who apply for welfare should have to pass a drug test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people who apply for welfare should have to pass a drug test

if i have to pass a drug test to go to work then a low income person should have to pass a drug test before they can get welfare or social assistance...i'm tired of all these dead beats milking the system with my tax dollars....

They don't have to? They should, people with jobs do.

Comment

Originally posted by Growth View Post
      They don't have to? They should, people with jobs do.
      not in canada...i see so many people cheat the system to avoid work...

Comment

I would say about 85% of them would fail that test. The tax payer would win, that much I know.

Comment

Dude, don't you know anything about welfare? The whole point of it is to get money for drugs so you don't have to get an actual job to pay for them. Duh....

Comment

Its bad enough they're on welfare. Getting drunk and high is the one of the few things they have to look forward to.

Comment

The days of generous welfare entitlements are dying. No matter what happens now, welfare people are going to get less pay. If the democrats win and continue to spend us into more debt, the entire country will eventually default and the value of that 500 dollar welfare check will be about 100 dollars or even much less depending on how far the market crashes.

If the Republicans win "which is most likely" then entitlement programs will be cut across the board to save money and prevent a default.

Either way, its bad news for welfare people.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Its bad enough they're on welfare. Getting drunk and high is the one of the few things they have to look forward to.
                Exactly. Its a terrible idea. I'm sure they fell bad enough as it is without some state bureaucrat testing their piss all the time.

And frankly, if you don't like submitting to a drug test a work, then maybe you should get a better job where they don't treat you like some potential junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  Dude, don't you know anything about welfare? The whole point of it is to get money for drugs so you don't have to get an actual job to pay for them. Duh....
                  i understand this but drug test them...if they fail deny them a claim.it's that simple...with the work here in western canada there is no need to be on welfare...deny them any assistance if they can't piss clean & test them regularily...

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                    Exactly. Its a terrible idea. I'm sure they fell bad enough as it is without some state bureaucrat testing their piss all the time.

And frankly, if you don't like submitting to a drug test a work, then maybe you should get a better job where they don't treat you like some potential junkie.
                    personally i think we should round up all the bums & low lifers & put them to work picking garbage & cleaning streets & parks like they do to inmates...there should be no freebees for lazy people who don't want to work.i got no problem with unemployment insurance but welfare is another story...drugs & booze are the last thing they should get for free....

Comment

Working...
                    X