No announcement yet.

Kovalev-A knockout waiting to happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Jesus christ this dude was eating some NASTY shots from Chilemba, at one point it looked like Kov's head literally touched his own back, his head was getting jerked around like a rag doll but he managed to take it pretty well.

He's been hit with some really wild shots he shouldn't have been hit with, I keep seeing him exposed when he comes in, off balance quite a bit too.
    Even if he does beat Ward, I don't think he'll survive the monsters that will be coming for his titles, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Bivol etc.

His competition's power has been really soft up until this point and Chilemba was the 1st true LHW he's fought since probably Agnew (Caparello moved to 168)

Opponent KO%'s:

Chilemba-33%
    x2 Pascal-47% (hasn't ko'd anybody relevant in years)
    Hopkins-48% (last KO was in 2004 against ODLH)
    Ward-52%, yes, Ward is actually the hardest puncher he will have faced in years
    While I'm sure you're praying he gets knocked out, I'd be shocked if Ward knocked him out.

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    He's been over hyped, it's clear. I always thought Adonis would pick him off using distance and was disappointed when Adonis ducked.
    Please, Stevenson had a puncher's chance at best. Kovalev is the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i like how one fight where he didnt steamroll the guy and you people think the blueprint has been laid

all Ward is gonna do is clinch like a baby hanging on to his mother once he feels the power
      they've been saying this since the fight became a real posibility since KOvalev couldn't KO and old hopkins.

and yes, he'll clinch all night long, is there another way ward would fight the Krusher? lol

Comment

Literally watching the fight for the first time on HBO right now. He is eating alot of shots, kind of seems like he is just willing to take shots to land his own just because he has alot of power. Ward is going to hit him with shots he doesnt see coming and hes not going to be able to deal with the slickness and defense of ward. Kovalev only has a punchers chance , ward will UD him 8-4 or 9-3 calling it now.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
          Literally watching the fight for the first time on HBO right now. He is eating alot of shots, kind of seems like he is just willing to take shots to land his own just because he has alot of power. Ward is going to hit him with shots he doesnt see coming and hes not going to be able to deal with the slickness and defense of ward. Kovalev only has a punchers chance , ward will UD him 8-4 or 9-3 calling it now.
          Yea, that's the thing. Once Ward hits you, he's either gone or he's hitting you again. He's not going to let Kovalev have his turn to punch like Chilemba did. Ward asserts himself.

Kovalev is usually pretty quick with the jab and being that Ward has no problem standing in front of guys so that he can counter them, Kovalev needs to use that quick, unpredictable jab he's shown in the past. Not this pumping, telegraphed jab he was doing yesterday. Kovalev usually has a brilliant, broken timing thing where he throws at moments when it's not expected. That type of thing can really fk up a guy who relies on reading your body language and timing. We've seen Kovalev do it before but it was just not there in that Chilemba fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Jesus christ this dude was eating some NASTY shots from Chilemba, at one point it looked like Kov's head literally touched his own back, his head was getting jerked around like a rag doll but he managed to take it pretty well.

He's been hit with some really wild shots he shouldn't have been hit with, I keep seeing him exposed when he comes in, off balance quite a bit too.
            Even if he does beat Ward, I don't think he'll survive the monsters that will be coming for his titles, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Bivol etc.

His competition's power has been really soft up until this point and Chilemba was the 1st true LHW he's fought since probably Agnew (Caparello moved to 168)

Opponent KO%'s:

Chilemba-33%
            x2 Pascal-47% (hasn't ko'd anybody relevant in years)
            Hopkins-48% (last KO was in 2004 against ODLH)
            Ward-52%, yes, Ward is actually the hardest puncher he will have faced in years
            Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
            He's been over hyped, it's clear. I always thought Adonis would pick him off using distance and was disappointed when Adonis ducked.
            Kovalev has a KO% of 84%, lol. The first time he tags Ward flush, dude will go into retreat mode after being hit by the hardest puncher he has ever faced.

Comment

Koval is still a very green fighter, his 84% KO rating is against nobodies!

When he faces Ward we can get a true idea where he is at in his career as to skills and heart!

31 fights these days are a seasoned veteran but to me he is still learning.
              Todays promo hype is silly lets give the guy a chance and let him fight men who will stand up to him.
              This past fight was very good for him.
              Ray

Comment

Kova is elite definitely a P4P fighter, but I've always had a feeling he's not the most durable. I don't think he would last a war with somebody like Beterbiev.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i like how one fight where he didnt steamroll the guy and you people think the blueprint has been laid

all Ward is gonna do is clinch like a baby hanging on to his mother once he feels the power
                  all ward is gonna do is find a way to win, once he feels kovs power he will adjust and win the fight, will Kov be able to adjust once andre adjusts?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    No.

But possibly with a head butt.
                    Grazing jab, headbutt, clinch

Ward by KO

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke;16862868[B
                      ]Kova is elite definitely a P4P fighter, but I've always had a feeling he's not the most durable[/B]. I don't think he would last a war with somebody like Beterbiev.
                      Agreed. That's why I've always thought Stevenson has a better chance to beat Kovalev than most people on here say he has. There was a video of Kovalev getting KO'ed in amateurs by a straight left very similiar to Stevenson's. It's a shame that this fight never happened.

As for Beterbiev, not many people would survive a war with him. Kovalev would waited out the early storm then pick him a part with his jab to the body and evetually KO him around round 7-8 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X