Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield Believes Anthony Joshua Could Break Marciano's Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a huge Joshua fan, but seriously Holyfield? Even if AJ becomes an ATG you're talking 34 straight title defences! There's no way that happens this day and age unless he becomes the greatest heavyweight of all time.

And how can you predict something so far down the line, that some of the dudes he would be fighting in this run are teenagers right now lol.
    Last edited by BigZ44; 05-29-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

If he fights 3 times every year it will take 11-12 years for him to brake that record. He needs 34 more wins as a champion to brake that record. I say no way!
      Last edited by Tobi.G; 05-30-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BS BadBoy View Post
        Joshua has got to get past the likes of Parker, Ortiz and Fury. These guys arent just a walk in the park.
        Parker is easy work for Joshua. The other two are a mutch bigger threat though.

Comment

Good to see Holyfield giving credit to a modern fighter,few do. Not sure what most look at when making assessments but i only have Wlad Klitchko having the best chance of beating Joshua. The 49 and 0 claim ? Very possible ,one has to think long term here and how good do you actually rate skills? What if Lewis stayed focused ? He would have NEVER lost .I think Joshua is better than Lewis and thats bc i can see small intangibles most cant ,give or take 2 years Joshua may even reinvent the game in terms of what a modern super heavyweight has to be to beat him!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
            Parker is easy work for Joshua. The other two are a mutch bigger threat though.
            Fury and ortiz are definitely a difficult fights for him, Parker gets stopped within 7 rounds.

Comment

I doubt AJ even gets to 49 career bouts

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                I doubt AJ even gets to 49 career bouts
                With the amount of gear he's on his body's going to start breaking down in his early thirties.

Comment

Working...
                X